New chair-elect of the ACGME Board of Directors is a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Bruh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure what this means for the profession, but maybe COMs will start buying Uworld for us now...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does this mean they will get rid of comlex now?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It means nothing, only that they will continue to make lots of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Does this really mean anything for DO students?

I don’t know much about the leadership structure of the ACGME, but political wins like this are a usually a good thing overall. That being said, I doubt there will be any immediate downstream implications for DO students or residents.

I would say similar things about a DO becoming a Nobel laureate or the white house doctor (the latter is actually true).

Reactions: 3 users
IDK. I dont know her. She could want to merge the two degrees or attempt to buck the system like a Never Trumper and try to maintain the Osteopathic distinction. Possibly trying to merge the Comlex with Step 1 and have questions from both boards? Make Step 1 P/F? Just some random thoughts. Maybe just to give credibility to any new changes for COMLEX?Too soon to tell.

Reactions: 1 users
IDK. I dont know her. She could want to merge the two degrees or attempt to buck the system like a Never Trumper and try to maintain the Osteopathic distinction. Possibly trying to merge the Comlex with Step 1 and have questions from both boards? Make Step 1 P/F? Just some random thoughts. Maybe just to give credibility to any new changes for COMLEX?Too soon to tell.
Are there ever any serious talks about merging the degrees or is that just an idea the people like to float around online?

Reactions: 1 user
The chair of the acgme board is a DO!? Oh man. This really hurts the prestige of this position. Pretty soon you won’t be able to get any real doctors to even apply to this position! ACGME officially has no power anymore!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Hopefully, there will be more of an emphasis on OMT at MD schools now rather than research.

I hear that cervical effleurage is a possible modality to drain the inner cervical lymph nodes and possibly treat MS. Read the latest research and believe the hype boys and girls.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
The chair of the acgme board is a DO!? Oh man. This really hurts the prestige of this position. Pretty soon you won’t be able to get any real doctors to even apply to this position! ACGME officially has no power anymore!!
Hopefully their clinical rotations were all academic wards based with residents or else they will be an awful chair who can't function as an intern.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I am guessing that this is a new 'chair' position that was developed for the Osteopaths to feel like they are important, while the real chair remains a purebreed MD with 2/3 parts of training done at IVY's.

I am guessing that this is a new 'chair' position that was developed for the Osteopaths to feel like they are important, while the real chair remains a purebreed MD with 2/3 parts of training done at IVY's.

All the DOs are muggles. Right now, all the MDs are of slytherin descent. When will we get A MD Dumbledore among the ivory tower elites?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It means nothing. Its an organization head. Now that DOs (AACOM and AOA) are voting members representing 28% of votes in the ACGME, we can expect to see stuff like this. It also practically means nothing for those of us in training/medical school, but it can't be a bad thing.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh boy the patient we had in the ED staffed by nearly all DOs requesting “a real doctor” will NOT be happy with this, the acgme should expect karen to be asking for their manager any day now

(To clarify the pts name wasnt karen, just in case the hipaa police are getting antsy)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users