never trust a guy named ray

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElVagas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
especially if his last name starts with a d and he wants you to go to hungary

he is nothing but trouble

hungary is the worst place on earth

never go there

the national pasttime is hurting each other in every way possible

never go there especially via ray

Members don't see this ad.

i know exactly who you are talking about....and, he is a super dodgy agent.

i don't think hungary is the worst place on earth, by far. but, if ray got you there i could see why your perception may be a bit different.

Members don't see this ad :)
a recruiter for a few med schools. i guess they are in hungary, maybe poland.

agents=bad news.

ElVagas said:

never go there

What happened?

(BTW, I've extensively warned about Ray D. and other agents on this forum as well as the European forum at www.valuemd.com )

With regard to Hungary being the worst place on Earth, I have to disagree.

you are in hungary and do not have biased info ?

avenirv said:
you are in hungary and do not have biased info ?

I'm not sure that your post even deserves a reply.

Just about anytime someone says "it is the worst" one can be almost certain that they are mistaken. Especially so, when the target of their slur is an entire country.

With regard to medical education in Hungary, if you did a search of my posts, you'd note that I specifically do not recommend it to most foreigners.

ElVagas said:

never go there

What did he do?

Ray has nothing to do with Debrecen, so not all schools in Hungary will screw you. BUt really don't blame the schools...he is one of the last few truly bogus agents working the EE scene. Hopefully he'll be gone. I'm sure he's breaking some Hungarian law. Someone just needs to nab him. And Hungary is a great place! :cool:

APACHE3 said:
Ray has nothing to do with Debrecen, so not all schools in Hungary will screw you. BUt really don't blame the schools...he is one of the last few truly bogus agents working the EE scene. Hopefully he'll be gone. I'm sure he's breaking some Hungarian law. Someone just needs to nab him.

IMO, Ray D. may well be the worst agent working the scene in CE/EE, but (sadly) he is not the only one.

Even schools with outstanding international reputations in CE/EE (nevermind smaller ones), use slimy disreputable agents to fill their first year classes.

I do blame the schools. I believe that they have plenty of choices when it comes to how to market themselves, especially nowadays.

How much time and money does it cost to put up a decent website?