Lancashire Trust hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonypowerful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
anybody knows Lancashire?on the northwest of Manchester, what do u think about it as a city,people and lifestyle? there a trust hospital there? any idea about it? it's mentioned in its website that it's one of the best trust hospital in the country ... I'll appreciate any information , thnx guys Regards Antoine.

Members don't see this ad.

Lancashire's nice. You can go partying and watch football (soccer) in Manchester, and be scared out of your mind in the Blackpool rollercoasters.
It's probably also more popular than London, simply because cost of living in London is long past the level of insanity. However, I'm not aware that the Lancashire NHS trusts are unique within the UK. I guess it also depends on what specialty you wish to persue..

hi,
Actually I'm interested in Urology, but First of all,I guess I have to complete the basic surgical training SHO before applying to Urology.... so do u think that surgery in Lancashire is good ?take care

Have you checked out the BMA website? If I remember correctly they have some form of database where trainees can leave feedback regarding postgraduate training posts at hospitals across the world. There may be something there on Lancashire NHS Trust?

I live in Manchester, and can confirm that the county is a great base, great countryside (Lake Distict is not far away) and access to manchester, a great party city. I would personally avoid Blackpool though:)