Neuromuscular Fellowship Competitiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ok_record

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of late to the game but I'm considering applying to neuromuscular fellowships (I should finish residency in 2023). My questions are:

1) How "competitive" (as challenging as this is to describe) are the fellowship positions at good programs like Hopkins, Mayo, Washington, etc?
2) What do they look for in applicants in terms of research, CV, etc? Is research required to match to a good program?
3) Any particular programs with good exposure to diagnosing/treating myositis? I have an interest in autoimmune disease.

I hope these questions aren't too repetitively asked. I did a quick search but most threads seem old.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know about neuromuscular fellowships, but Mayo Rochester is the best place for autoimmune myopathies and neuropathies (I was involved as a research fellow there).

I have similar question. I am planning to apply this coming cycle to start in 2024. I hope you find your answer.