neurology call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bizcuit241

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of the neurology job ads I see list positions with either 1:2 or 1:3 call. I was wondering if this is the norm and what does typical call entail for private practice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

As a resident you probably had call Q4-7 days, but if you join a group practice the call can be more frequent. It depends on the size of your group and what relationship you may have with your hospital (i.e. whether or not you admit patients). If you are in solo practice, you could be the only one handling the after hours calls from your patients. It also depends on whether or not your practice is consultative. If your practice is mainly EMG/EEG and you do not admit patients, you might not even have any "call," though you might get calls from your colleagues asking for advice.

Thanks. In private practice, is the call in house or from home? Also I have been seeing ads for neuro-hospitalists, hows does this work?

Members don't see this ad :)
150px-
Internet_Troll.jpg