neuroimmunology/multiple sclerosis fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soulofmpatel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a PGY-3 neurology resident interested in applying to a neuroimmunology fellowship.

Does anyone have a list of programs that offer fellowships?

I'm particularly interested [though not exclusively] in programs within California.

I know that Stanford, UCSF, and USC offer fellowship programs in MS. Are there any others. Does anyone have advice about which programs are desirable.

Also, can anyone provide any resources for applying to fellowships in general?

I know that neuroimmunology is out of freida and requires e-mailing programs with your CV, but does anyone have useful tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! Planning to apply for MS and hoping to get some guidance regarding programs and academic prospects for the field. My goal would be to restrict my practice to MS and work with clinical research at the same time (residency has significantly decreased my interest towards general neuro). Not sure though how realistic that is and what would be the pathway to that. A 1-year clinical fellowship followed by a research-oriented one? I have also realized there are a few 2-3 year programs that seem to be research heavy. Not sure how competitive these are nowadays and how that translates into academic positions right after fellowship. Any input would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cleveland Clinic and Mayo for the Midwest

To piggyback: I'm interested in 1 yr either pure MS or preferably mixed MS/ID (a la U Colorado), MS/neuroimmunology fellowships. Eventual career path would be academic medicine at mid to large size academic center with a strong emphasis on teaching with a lesser focus on clinical research. Any other specific fellowship locations I should look at? Is there any downside to not doing a 2-year fellowship?

Anyone else able to provide some input?