Best epilepsy fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Staphylococcus Aureus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the top epilepsy programs? Columbia CCF John’s Hopkins UCSF etc. curious about NON-two year programs, also not sure what are the best programs in the Midwest/south regions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

When looking at programs, also think about what type of career you want in terms of how much you're interested in surgical epilepsy.

While looking for fellowships, I sort of knew that I wanted to end up being a neurohospitalist or private practice, and had little to no interest in academic medicine. If you're not doing academic medicine -> most cases this means you're not doing surgical epilepsy.
When choosing fellowships I wanted the absolute "best" program I could find and went to a prominent place -> was very surgically focused, and I had to prepare and present cases to neurosurgical multidisciplinary rounds every week with a lot of time spent reading several SEEGs weekly (if you have any experiences with these, can have large expansive montages, can be very difficult and labor intensive). Killed myself for a year.

I felt that a lot of my time was wasted there. What I really needed was to master EEG reading, and all the time I spent laboring over neurosurgical conferences and reading SEEGs was a complete waste.

Reactions: 1 user
When looking at programs, also think about what type of career you want in terms of how much you're interested in surgical epilepsy.

While looking for fellowships, I sort of knew that I wanted to end up being a neurohospitalist or private practice, and had little to no interest in academic medicine. If you're not doing academic medicine -> most cases this means you're not doing surgical epilepsy.
When choosing fellowships I wanted the absolute "best" program I could find and went to a prominent place -> was very surgically focused, and I had to prepare and present cases to neurosurgical multidisciplinary rounds every week with a lot of time spent reading several SEEGs weekly (if you have any experiences with these, can have large expansive montages, can be very difficult and labor intensive). Killed myself for a year.

I felt that a lot of my time was wasted there. What I really needed was to master EEG reading, and all the time I spent laboring over neurosurgical conferences and reading SEEGs was a complete waste.
What would you consider prominent surgical (as well as prominent less surgery heavy) programs?