Nervous about OPAT (army)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Voyager

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found out yesterday from my recruiter that I must get OPAT done tomorrow. I tried setting up and doing a practice run of the aerobic fitness test for the OPAT today on my own, and was not able to get beyond 4-2. I believe the passing score is 5-4. Anyone have experience with possibly failing the OPAT? Were you allowed to still commission, and retake the OPAT later on? I can deadlift, longjump, and throw the ball the bare minimum, but can't pass the aerobic. I know if i have more time to get ready for it, i will pass it.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I just found out yesterday from my recruiter that I must get OPAT done tomorrow. I tried setting up and doing a practice run of the aerobic fitness test for the OPAT today on my own, and was not able to get beyond 4-2. I believe the passing score is 5-4. Anyone have experience with possibly failing the OPAT? Were you allowed to still commission, and retake the OPAT later on? I can deadlift, longjump, and throw the ball the bare minimum, but can't pass the aerobic. I know if i have more time to get ready for it, i will pass it.

Thank you!!
You've probably already taken the OPAT today. Hope you did well. As you probably already know the OPAT qualifying score is MOS or Officer AOC dependent - It's not that difficult. Is this with a medical or regular recruiter? In what capacity are you joining the Army - NG, Reserves, Active Duty? Commissioning into what AOC (Area of Concentration) or as medical officer? Have you already completed MEPS or DoDMERB?

Thank you!!

The OPAT was a fun surprise for me too. Got a phone call to come to the local recruiting station 2 days before the OPAT.

The shuttle run is not fun, but if you can run the 2 miles in your age group then you should be fine. Hope it went well for you!