Need Your Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

svalenzuela02p

This is my second time around applying and taking the mcat =(

V7
P9
B9
M

Undergrad gpa 3.2 BA in english
Graduate in epidemiology finishing this year- 3.7
working on a research project.
lots of the usual volunteer expierence.

Should I waste my money sending secondaries to MD schools. I only got one interview last year before I retook my mcat. I had a 22 EEK!

Members don't see this ad.

with those #s, it's unlikely that you'll get into an allopathic med school. (which isn't to say that you WON'T, just that you're probably less likely to get in than not)

You're going to have a tough time going allopathic. Apply DO and offshore, and maybe a couple of MDs -- you never know.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i disagree with the posters above. you will have no problem getting into at least one allopathic med school with those numbers. i think the 3.7 in graduate work is impressive, and the mcat scores are adequate. you will probably need to apply to 20+ schools and my guess is you will get a few acceptances...and you might even get into a few schools you didn't expect to. good luck.

Last edited:
See if you can't make an appt. with the director of admissions or admissions officer at your school's college of med., and see what they think of your app. A 25 isn't exactly competitive, but then again I don't know what else is in your app. You could disclose all info to an advisor and decide where to go from there. Good luck.