Need to find a Rehab doc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMMFellow06

PM&R Resident
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My cousin just moved to NY and he was in a traumatic car accident 2-3 years ago where he was in a coma for 5 months. He's been through a number of surgeries and lots and lots of rehab already, but it was all in another country. He's regained a lot of his function, but still has some speech issues and tremors in both his hands that make it difficult for him to write and to eat sometimes. I went on the AAPMR website to look for a doc in Queens, NY but it's difficult to choose because I don't know anything about these doctors. Does anyone know of a good doctor in Queens, NY, preferably near the Woodside, Queens area? Or a place that I can get some info to add to the names I get off the AAPMR website would also be great. Traveling too far is difficult because of transportation issues. Oh, and my cousin is only 19.
Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Ripal

Members don't see this ad.

LIJ is probably the nearest well-known rehab center, but if I recall correctly, Woodside is closewr to manhattan than the island. The upper east side has both Cornell and Mt Sinai, both of which are terrific, and Rusk is down at 34th st