Need help regarding textbooks for Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Domenech

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was done with my Step1 in June and now awaiting the result. I'm currently in the final year of my medical studies which means that in about 7 months I'd be ready to take on Step2 alongwith my final exams that would graduate me finally. Unfortunately most of the books we study here are British (I'm an IMG). Can someone kindly recommend what line of approach should I take towards studying for Step 2 CK? With the obvious option of Kaplan series and First Aid, I want to supplement the study with some good American textbooks for Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics and Gynaecology/Obstetrics. So I would be grateful if I can be guided towards which books to get that would benefit me most for Step 2 CK.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

im not sure of the utility of using textbooks to study for boards. first aid and usmle world should make up the backbone. if you still want textbooks, try going into the forum for each specialty to see what their fav text is.....