need help in these q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

porcelain258

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
neural crest cells give rise to which of the foll.
a.preganglionic sympath. cell bodies
b.postganglionic sympathetic cell bodies
c.preganglionic parasympath. cell bodies(ans)

why not pre and postganglionic sympath. cell bodies becoz i have read that all the ganglia arise from neural crest cells and cell bodies r located in ganglia itself

which of the foll cartilages will be cut twice in a sagittal section thru the neck
cricoid(ans)
thyroid
arytenoid
epiglottis
second tracheal cartilage

pls explain this

Members don't see this ad.

cricoid(ans)..........this is the only one that forms a complete circle, being cut twice

thyroid
arytenoid
epiglottis
.........the above three clearly donot form a complete circle

.........u may think trachea is also complete circle, bt the carligenous rings DONOT form a complete circle.....they have an incontinuity at the back...forgot wut makes up tht incontinuity, i think its some membrane, so tht the esophagus doesnt get compressed...

check out these pics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray952.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray953.png

i hope i can post links to outside....if i cant, sorry mods..plz forgive me this time....dnt hv time to read rules completely.....im freaked out with xams already :scared:

EDIT: "In humans there are about 15 – 20 incomplete C-shaped cartilaginous rings which reinforces the anterior and lateral sides of the trachea to protect and maintain the airway open. There is a piece of smooth muscle connecting the ends off the incomplete cartilaginous rings called the Trachealis muscle" thats from wiki....it was the trachealis muscle

why not pre and postganglionic sympath. cell bodies becoz i have read that all the ganglia arise from neural crest cells and cell bodies r located in ganglia itself

which of the foll cartilages will be cut twice in a sagittal section thru the neck
cricoid(ans)
thyroid
arytenoid
epiglottis

pls explain this

bcoz preganglionic cell bodies occurs in central nervous system which are not derived from neural crest cells.

Last edited:

bcoz preganglionic cell bodies occurs in central nervous system which are not derived from neural crest cells.
thats what i m thinking shuntyman....then why preganglionic p.s cell bodies is the right answer

Members don't see this ad :)
thats what i m thinking shuntyman....then why preganglionic p.s cell bodies is the right answer
two types of ganglions are derived from neural crest cells- autonomic postganglionic and sensory ganglions
so the answer shud come to

The ganglia of cranial nerves III, VII, IX, X are parasympathetic, located in the CNS and are derivatives of neural crest cells.

Last edited:
on the crown of the mand. 1st molar,the facial cusp ridge of ML cusp originates at the cusp tip and normally terminates at which of the foll.
a.lingual groove
b.halfway down the facial surface
c.halfway down the lingual surface

which of the foll. teeth has its mesial marginal ridge located more cervically than its distal marginal ridge
a.mand. 1st pm
b.max.1st pm
max.1st molar
mand. second molar
why not maxillary 1st pm coz in this tooth,mesial cusp ridge is longer than distal cusp ridge ....so MMR shd be located more cervically than DMR in this too

on the crown of the mand. 1st molar,the facial cusp ridge of ML cusp originates at the cusp tip and normally terminates at which of the foll.
a.lingual groove
b.halfway down the facial surface
c.halfway down the lingual surface

which of the foll. teeth has its mesial marginal ridge located more cervically than its distal marginal ridge
a.mand. 1st pm
b.max.1st pm
max.1st molar
mand. second molar
why not maxillary 1st pm coz in this tooth,mesial cusp ridge is longer than distal cusp ridge ....so MMR shd be located more cervically than DMR in this too

Mandi 1 PM is slightly higher on the distal side than the mesial, and its mesial marginal ridge is less prominent than its distal marginal ridge.So MMR is more cervically placed compared to DMR

can anybody explain the div1 and div2 of class 2 malocclusion

• Class II Division 1: The molar relationships are like that of Class II and the anterior teeth are protruded.
  • Class II Division 2: The molar relationships are class II but the central are retroclined and the lateral teeth are seen overlapping the centrals.

1.sterilization of dental burs is effectively accomplished without corrosion by using which of the foll
a.unsaturated chemical vapour
b.ultrasonic cleaning
c.autoclaving
d.iodophors
i think the ans to be (a)...

2.a 26 yr old male presents with a toothache,fever and diffuse ,firm facial swelling He has a neutrophilic leucocytosis.The facial swelling most likely represents which of the foll
a.cellulitis
b.granulomatous inflammation

3.which of the foll is most likely to be a warning sign of an impending atherosclerotic brain infarction
a.myocardial infarction
b.transient ischemic infarcts
c.ruptured berry aneurysm
my ans would be(b)..what do u think guys

4.which lesions r more severe
primary herpetic lesions
recurrent herpes

1.sterilization of dental burs is effectively accomplished without corrosion by using which of the foll
b.ultrasonic cleaning
c.autoclaving
d.iodophors

answer : i think the same

2.a 26 yr old male presents with a toothache,fever and diffuse ,firm facial swelling He has a neutrophilic leucocytosis.The facial swelling most likely represents which of the foll
a.cellulitis

answer: cellulitis because granulomatous inflammation is chronic condition so it cannot be the answer. neutrophils are there so acute condition and it is cellulitis

3.which of the foll is most likely to be a warning sign of an impending atherosclerotic brain infarction
a.myocardial infarction
b.transient ischemic infarcts

answer: transient ischemic attack

primary herpetic lesions
recurrent herpes

recurrent herpetic lesions because they occur in clusters and always coalesce to form larger lesions.

The ganglia of cranial nerves V, VII, IX, X are parasympathetic, located in the CNS and are derivatives of neural crest cells.

the sensory ganglia of these cranial nerves is from neural crest cells.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey Sindu,are u sure about the 4th ans.becoz i read that primary herpetic lesions r more severe than recurrent ....pls confirm

b.ultrasonic cleaning
c.autoclaving (ANS)
d.iodophors

This is the answer given in the released paper

thanks questlife but still i dont think the ans is right becoz if they r asking without corrosion ,the ans shd not be autoclave becoz that is a limitation in using autoclave...anybody pls confirm

I agree with your explanation, now that you know the answer choice in released paper, what would you choose, if you were to have this qns on your exam?

thanks questlife but still i dont think the ans is right becoz if they r asking without corrosion ,the ans shd not be autoclave becoz that is a limitation in using autoclave...anybody pls confirm

1.By way of which of the foll mechanisms is a lesion of TB most likely to develop in the oral cavity
a.direct extension
b.lymphatic spread
c.hematogenous spread
d.sputum entering the mouth
e.primary innoculation by contaminated dental instrument

2.which unique aspect of cariogenic strains of strept mutans sets them apart from other oral acidogenic organisms
a extracelluar polysaccharide made from glucose
b.formation of water insoluble glucans from glucose

3 Integration of the F factor plasmid into the chromosome
a.is essential in for the f factor to be tranferred during conjugation
b.leads to the formation of f pilli
c.is essential in order for the chromosome to be transferred during conjugation
d.produces a mutation

2.which unique aspect of cariogenic strains of strept mutans sets them apart from other oral acidogenic organisms
b.formation of water insoluble glucans from glucose(ANS)

a.is essential in for the f factor to be tranferred during conjugation(ANS)
d.produces a mutation[/QUOTE]

please do correct me if I am wrong, I looked up the net for these answers

1.By way of which of the foll mechanisms is a lesion of TB most likely to develop in the oral cavity
a.direct extension
b.lymphatic spread
c.hematogenous spread- ans

b.formation of water insoluble glucans from glucose- ans

a.is essential in for the f factor to be tranferred during conjugation- ans
d.produces a mutation
plzzz correct me if i am wrong

b.ultrasonic cleaning
c.autoclaving - ans
d.iodophors

a.cellulitis- ans

a.myocardial infarction
b.transient ischemic infarcts- ans

primary herpetic lesions
recurrent herpes- ans

For the first question the answer given in the decks is the dry heat sterlization after ultra sonic cleaning.. though the steel and carbon products get corroded.. but it is mensioned there that ' ITEMS WHICH ARE USUALLY STERLIZED BY DRY HEAT CAN BE AUTOCLAVED' .. so i think the answer should be autoclave.. please correct me if i am wrong

hi
i referred shafer text of oral pathology it is given as recurrent.
so i think it is................................

hey Sindu,are u sure about the 4th ans.becoz i read that primary herpetic lesions r more severe than recurrent ....pls confirm

plzzz correct me if i am wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain258
a.direct extension
b.lymphatic spread
c.hematogenous spread- ans

hi
it is through sputum the most common method
it is even by hematogenous but it is secondary
this is also from shafer textbook.

If anticodon on tRNA is 5ACG3 then which of the foll is the corresponding codon on mRNA
a.CGU
b.UGC

Each of the foll is active during fatty acid synthesis except one which one is the exception
a.TCA cycle
b.beta oxidation of fatty acids
if its TCA cycle then why not beta oxidation as these two also can't occur simultaneously

pls explain ur answers guys

1.which of the foll.represents the correct size and characteristic of the nerve fibres that conduct sensory input of pain from the orofacial region
a.large diameter,myelinated
b.small diameter,myelinated
c.large diameter,UMyelinated
d.small diameter,UMyelinated

ans given is small diameter,unmyelinated..
can anybody pls explain this:confused:

2.A urine sample with a ph of 5.7 has H ion conc. of approx??

any idea how to calculate this ...pls help

1. predominant source of ATP of muscle activity for more than 20 min of aerobic excercise?
a. Carbohydrates
b. Fatty acids

2. enamel rods converge as they pass from the DEJ toward the surface are of
a. fissures
b. incisal edges
c. cervical line of primary teeth
d. cervical line of permanent teeth

If anticodon on tRNA is 5ACG3 then which of the foll is the corresponding codon on mRNA
a.CGU
b.UGC

Each of the foll is active during fatty acid synthesis except one which one is the exception
a.TCA cycle
b.beta oxidation of fatty acids
if its TCA cycle then why not beta oxidation as these two also can't occur simultaneously

pls explain ur answers guys

I think for 1) 3-5 UGC 2) Beta oxidation of fatty acid since malonyl CoA produced during FA synthesis inhibits beta oxidation process.

1. predominant source of ATP of muscle activity for more than 20 min of aerobic excercise?
a. Carbohydrates
b. Fatty acids

a. fissures
b. incisal edges
d. cervical line of permanent teeth
pls correct if wrong

a. Carbohydrates
b. Fatty acids- ans

a. fissures
b. incisal edges
d. cervical line of permanent teeth- ans

please correct me if i am wrong..:)

which one is not required by coupled respiration?
a. oxygen
b. electron donor
c. inorganic phosphate
d. carbon dioxide
e. ADP