Need Advise please! Exam in a week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstudenta1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Needed some advice
Just took UWSA 2 scored 199 and wanted to ask any recent test takers if I should take the exam or postpone it for a few more weeks
Working on UW now doing all the incorrect again and reviewing CSS cases
UWSA1- 191 3 weeks ago

Any advice or study tips would be helpful
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You will do well if you sail through Day 1. That's time management/ statistics and med literature. Also if you cared to review most of the basic science through each UW question. Day 2 is easy peasy if you did your UW well. Prepared with UW and did the CCS x 2 ( finished day 2 by 2:45pm and had started at 8:50am). Had no CCS question that was not in UW. Most of long ones ended by 5-7 minutes and the 10 minutes ones ended by 3-4 minutes. Did well with over 240. UWSA was in 180s both but I had to do the exam and I was happy with the outcome. In Public health and never went in to residency and IMG( from East-Central Africa). Started exam prep on Sept.26 and sat the exam Mid December on a Thursday and the following Monday. Had whole weekend to review all CCS questions and antibiotics for most of common infections(meningitis/ septic arthritis/ pneumonias etc.
For the ones revising and have time, please make each question on UW also as Day 1 question by trying to answer each medication mode of action/pathophysiology/pathology process and a bit of anatomy( I thank those who advised me to do this while I started my exam prep. They informed me that Day 1 is the weak link in exam prep for no prep app(UW/Kaplan etc) does it really well).
Hardest for me was behavioral and time wasting on med literature!

Last edited:
You will do well if you sail through Day 1. That's time management/ statistics and med literature. Also if you cared to review most of the basic science through each UW question. Day 2 is easy peasy if you did your UW well. Prepared with UW and did the CCS x 2 ( finished day 2 by 2:45pm and had started at 8:50am). Had no CCS question that was not in UW. Most of long ones ended by 5-7 minutes and the 10 minutes ones ended by 3-4 minutes. Did well with over 240. UWSA was in 180s both but I had to do the exam and I was happy with the outcome. In Public health and never went in to residency and IMG. Started exam prep on Sept.26 and sat the exam Mid December on a Thursday and the following Monday. Had whole weekend to review all CCS questions and antibiotics for most of common infections(meningitis/ septic arthritis/ pneumonias etc.
For the ones revising and have time, please make each question on UW also as Day 1 question by trying to answer each medication mode of action/pathophysiology/pathology process and a bit of anatomy( I thank those who advised me to do this while I started my exam prep. They informed me that Day 1 is the weak link in exam prep for no prep app(UW/Kaplan etc) does it really well).
Hardest for me was behavioral and time wasting on med literature!
CCS on the main exam was so easy/simple that I could not believe this was an American exam! Took a break after 12 cases just for fun and could not believe this was USMLE!! Day 1 will taste like real USMLE you are used to( USMLE 1 and 2 theory), but Day 2, is Child's play.