Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugaChelle514

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a Post Bacc and got Straight C+ in both Chemistry, Calculus and Physics 1. I suppose I am looking for some advice on what to do next. The school im going to is very hard to get a good grade, cut throat and Im not understanding what im doing wrong. Trying to figure out if I should keep trying or call it. Thanks! Or any suggestions from someone who was in the same situation like me.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Have you visited the school's learning orveducation center?

Talk to your professors for help in learning the material?

Used Khan Academy or YouTube Videos on specific subjects, like, say, Vectorial analysis or angular momentum?

Reactions: 2 users
I had tutors and used the schools tutoring center at times. I did not always go to office hours though or had relationships with the professors. I did use a lot of YouTube and problems from the book. I had no study groups. There was some material I just couldn’t understand. My professors advice was to make sure I understand one topic well enough before I move on and don’t move on until I understood. I suppose I’m wondering if I do pull things around, would I still have a chance given those grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you take these courses all at once in the same semester? If you are a career changer, that would be quite an adjustment.

I did not always go to office hours though or had relationships with the professors. I did use a lot of YouTube and problems from the book.
I'd strongly recommend using office hours and your professor as a resource. That's what we're here for, and we know what we will be testing on / want you to know.

YouTube videos... can be great, but can also be really hit or miss. I've had a number of students learn something wrong from them and bomb an exam, when I could have easily set them straight in office hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I am. I had no science background.
You should lighten the course load if possible then. Freshmen coming out of high school wouldn’t take all 3 of these courses immediately to start out with. Especially if math isn’t a strong suit (for Calculus and Physics).