Need advice on LOR stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlunobserved

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school doesn't allow me to submit a request for a LOR packet until I receive 4 secondaries. They have all of my LORs with them currently (they made me get my writers to submit them before the end of April).

I'm not sure what to do. I'm pre-writing my secondaries, so I should be done a week after they actually come through - but the LOR packet would only be available between 1-3 weeks of my first four secondaries coming to me.

I could potentially ask my writers to send them directly to AMCAS but someone said that it's better to have a letter packet versus individual letters?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. The secondaries will come within a few weeks of being verified. You'll still be very early.

Your school's policy is very strange...

I know a school's policy is to process your committee letter request when they see the VERIFIED time on AMCAS. The adviser told me that this is purposefully done so that they can focus on writing for applicants who are truly committed to apply. Sometimes applicants will duck out before they submit primaries and it would be a waste of time for the committee to write the letter.

But 4 secondaries rule sounds strange...that means they want you to apply 4 schools at minimum?