Necessity of Presenting Author Posters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Cinnabon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, I just wanted some perspective.

I'm going to be applying for the 2024-2025 school year. I will have a few poster submissions and at least one will be first author, but zero will be presenting author as a result of funding issues. For what's it's worth I will likely have 3-4 publications (2nd has entered review with another being submitted next monthish), with one likely to also be FA, by the time I apply next Nov-Dec. Still, I will have never stepped foot into a conference and I was wondering if that would be a huge issue?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN, I just wanted some perspective.

I'm going to be applying for the 2024-2025 school year. I will have a few poster submissions and at least one will be first author, but zero will be presenting author as a result of funding issues. For what's it's worth I will likely have 3-4 publications (2nd has entered review with another being submitted next monthish), with one likely to also be FA, by the time I apply next Nov-Dec. Still, I will have never stepped foot into a conference and I was wondering if that would be a huge issue?
No one asks who actually presented the thing. You're good.

Reactions: 1 users
On these metrics, I believe you are in a good place (pubs > posters, and your poster situation seems fine as well, you proved you could get an abstract in as first author).