NBPME practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunion123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if the boards are really anything like the NBPME practice test they have online 2008 version. It really doesn't seem so bad or hard. But every year people walk out of the boards saying WTH was that. I know you can't disclose any questions or anything. just curious if that practice test is a true simulation of what one should expect.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that those exams aren't very indicative of the real thing anymore. I know there are some practice exams from temple floating around. I'm sure if you go to Temple you already know about these, if not, I'm sure someone at your institution has them.

Hi, Just wondering if the boards are really anything like the NBPME practice test they have online 2008 version. It really doesn't seem so bad or hard. But every year people walk out of the boards saying WTH was that. I know you can't disclose any questions or anything. just curious if that practice test is a true simulation of what one should expect.

Those questions are typically similar to the easier, Tier 1, type of questions on the real thing.

I agree that they are similar to the tier 1 questions. They repeat some questions on the real exam too.

I recommend you study the questions. Study the different answer choices. It's obviously hot topics....