NBDE I - Toronto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alazmat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone preparing for NBDE I in Toronto or GTA?

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave EE in May. got 85 in first attempt.no interview from manitoba or UFT. still awaiting halifax reply. studying 4 NBDE i

Hey all, how about if we can set up a location (e.g. library or community center) to meet and discuss topics or questions for an hour or two only do you think this would work or it can only be done with 2 in a group. Just wondering?

anyone in Thornhill?

good luck all

I only met one person who is writing his exam in December '08. What about the rest of the crowd? i mean how come there are only a handful of dentists in Toronto preparing for NBDE.

hummmm any idea ....

Members don't see this ad :)
Today I discussed one Biochem/Physio paper with a friend who is writing his exam in Dec '08. Just wanted to say that it really helps when you discuss questions/topics it with someone. It increases understanding, recalling and retaining strength.

So guyz team up with someone and knock down the exam ... good luck

Thanks alazmat, r u discussing part I questions with your friend over the phone or do u meet at a library. I am finding biochem very tough and would like to discuss that. have you done kaplan and then doing the paers?

hey Jill, I discussed biochem questions over the phone for about an hour. If you want to discuss any set of paper for biochemistry let me know, it will help me too. My friend is writing his exam next week, so I dont want to bother him.

Hi Avani, r u from India? I did not get admission after EE this year at least so I thought of trying out NBDE I .I do not mind going to US to do advanced standing program. I will try EE one more time next year.

Canadian EE will be offered for the last time in May 2009. Any idea when will they start the next pattern?

It is quite strange that with a decent score you could not get in as I know a couple of people got in with a score of 84. Anyways keep up the hard work. Good luck

Thank you alazmat. The new pattern of EE will be starting in 2010.Check the ACFD website for the details.

Hi Jill, so from June '09 to Dec '09 there will be no exam to write, as the last one will be in May '09. This means that everyone will hit for May '09 ... hummm ...

Any idea how many candidates wrote EE in Sept '08 or May '08?

How many seats are for Advanced Standing Program in Canada (i think 50 at the max with the maximum at UfT, and dont forget the french program plz)

I am not sure about the total no. but around 500 must have appeared at toronto. Number of seats are also more now. Uft- 25, halifax took 12 last yr,manitoba - 8 /9, UBC-12 and london around 12 plus i am not sure abt alberta and montreal. so the no is more now. The problem is that they have no definite criteria for selection, especially UFT. People with 84/85 EE marks were called and i know one person with 90 was not called.

Hey Jill, how r u preparing for TMJ, Occlusion and Tooth Morpho any help will be appreciated. I get confused in those pictures of all teeth. Thanx again

Hi, I did it once and will be revising dental anatomy and occlusion next week. Do you have wheeler book.If yes, read it from there. The pictures and explanation given in wheeler is very basic and easy to understand. Still you have any specific doubt, you can ask, i'll try to answer that.

hey Jill and others how are you guyz preparing for the clinical questions ... will appreciate your help ...

Jill when is your exam? My friend gave on 9th of Dec and said it was not very difficult ..

Hi alazmat, my exam is on 29th Dec. I believe the testlets are also related to the basic subjects like anatomy and pathology etc. So if you do all the subjects thoroughly from decks and kaplan, it should be o.k. I am more worried about the biochem as I don't like that subject very much. Did your friend said there were a lot of repeat questions from previous ASDA papers?

Hey Jill, the exam was not difficult. Regarding biochemistry he mentioned that the questions were from the past papers. They were NOT exactly the same but were about the same topic.

For example:

What is the rate limiting step of Glycolysis = Phosphofructokinase. Now the next question would be like which enzyme is allosterically inhibited by ATP = Phosphofructokinase.

Hope I am making sense here ....

Jill due you have a book by Jeffery Okeson for TMJ ???

Hi Alazmat, thanks for the reply. I get what you mean.Basically if you know your basics,it should be o.k. I don't have Okeson. I am doing TMJ from the regular books like Kaplan review, Wheeler and also decks. Getting a bit nervous abt the exam now. In fact getting blank at times. I feel nothing more is going in and also that I have forgotten everything that I have read. I just want to get over with it.

how was you test. was wondering if i could talk to you on phone. i live in missisauga.taking my part 1 in feb 5th.

Hi dentist 111, My exam is on 29 Dec. very busy right now revising all the subjects.will PM you when I finish my exam.

hi friends i am from india now in mississuaga ,have just started my studies any body for sharing experiences,studying online together are invited,
plz msg me or mail me at [email protected]
waiting for soon reply:):):):):)

Hi basq, The portion for NBDE I and EE are not exactly the same. NBDE I is on basic science subjects whereas more than 90% of questions in EE are from clinical subjects(like NBDE II).

good luck for your exam ... go for the kill :thumbup:

bashg - i agree with Jill on this that EE is like NBDE 2 ... good luck

Thanks alazmat.I really need everyone's good wishes. Hope my paper is also easy. Trying my best.Rest is on luck and God.

Hey Jill, we would really appreciate your feedback about the exam ... happy holidays ...

Hi alazmat. My exam was very tough. No repeat questions. Only 10% questions similar to past paper but reframed. Biochem was very difficult. Most of the questions were indirect and twisted. I am very upset.I don't know what score I'll get. I studied like mad.After taking both the exams EE & NBDE, I can say with confidence that EE is any day better than NBDE I. May be it depends on one's luck as the exam is relatively easy on some days( as mentioned by people on SDN).
Happy holidays to you too......

Hey Jill, don't worry you will get good result ... My friend got 80% and 284 correct out of 400 ... his feedback was that the learning process should be active which means lots of discussion and tons of MCQs.

So, now 3 of us are united to help each other and do lots of MCQs ...

I personally feel that one should try to do as many MCQs for any topic cause as you mentioned that questions are twisted and indirect, therefore the only way to tackle this thing is to do many MCQs related to that topic.

Hi All , i have written EE with no luck. Am clueless about NDBE I , can some one Guide in detail. Or PM .

Hi alazmat, when r u giving NBDE I? r u planning to give EE also in May? Read Biochem in detail. Especially the metabolism and enzymes etc. For dental anatomy try to go in depth about the characteristics of each tooth and learn differences between teeth, for example between maxillary canine and maxillary central incisor.
Your friend got his marks in how many days?