Nbd 2 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentistgal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Which of the folllowing statements describe composite resins
I They can be placed and finished in the same appointment.
II. They are more color stable than unfilled resins.
III. They are similar to Amalgam with respect to coefficient of Thermal expansion.
IV. The finished surface tends to be somewhat rough.
Answer- A - I , II B. I ,IV C. I, III IV , D. II , III , E. II , III ,IV F. All the above

2) Pulpal irritation would not be expected from a restorative material , provided the minimum thickness of the material was
A 0.2 mm B. 0.5 mm C. 1 mm D. 2 mm E. 3 mm

Members don't see this ad.

* 157 what is the cause of epulis fissuratum
a. unstable denture
b. under extention
c. over extention-------ANS
d. traumatic occlusion
Epulis fissuratum is caused by ill fitting dentures....so i think a.unstable denture is the ans

best level of monitoring level of anesthesia?

respiration
eye movement
verbal response

is verbal response the correct answer???

I think Respiration is the ans .
Verbal response is used to monitor level of analgesia.
correct me if i am wrong... thanx

it is supposed be to be eye movement,the titration is checked while watching the patients eye movement,verbal response does not make any sense??????

Hi
help me with ans thanx
1. Additional cured silicones (polyvinyl Siloxane) are often the materials of choice for impressions for fixed restorations. Each of the following is true about these materials except one. Which one is this exception?
a. give off ethyl alcohol during their setting reaction
b. can be poured more than once and still remain accurate
c. can be poured after 24 hours and still remain accurate
d. rebound from undercuts without permanent deformation
e. may released hydrogen gas during setting

2. why is it advisable to dispense the liquid component of cement of cement immediately before mixing?
a. to avoid absorption of moisture from the air
b. to avoid spreading over a large area of the slab
c. to allow tempering of the powder by the mixing slab
d. to reduce the temperature influence of the mixing slab
e. to prevent evaporation of the volatile components.

3 Which of the following is the typical interocclusal distance between opposing denture teeth at the physiological rest position?
a. 0.0-0.15 mm
b. 2.0-4.0 mm
c. 4.5-5.5 mm
d 6.0-8.0 mm

4 As an X-ray tube operates, electrons carry energy from the cathode to the anode into which of the following is MOST of this energy converted in the target?
a. heat
b. X ray
c. Magnetism
d. electricity
e. visible light

5 Class II amalgam restoration has a overhang at gingival margin. This might have been caused by which of the following?
a. poor adaptation of the matrix band
b. poor carving
c. did not wedge the matrix band

6 At what age are all primary teeth normally in occlusion?
a. 1.5-2.0 years
b. 2.5-3.0 years
c. 3.5-4 years
d. >4 years

7 Larger condensers and laterally applied condensation forces are recommended to ensure complete condensation of which of the following amalgam types?
a. admixed
b. spherical
c. lathe-cut
d. high-copper
e. conventional

8 The usual metabolic pathway of ingested fluoride primarily involves urinary excretion with the remaining portion found largely in the
a. teeth
b. muscle tissue
c. skeletal tissue
d. epidermal tissue

9 occlusal sealants succeed by altering which of the following
a. the substrate
b. the bacterial types
c. the bacterial number
d. the bacterial virulence
e. the host's susceptibility

10 probing depth can vary based on the degree of inflammation
frequently, the reduction in probing depth obtained after initial therapy reflects this changes, rather than a true gain in clinical attachment.
a. both statements are true
b. both statements are false
c. the first statement is true, the second statement is false
.d. the first statement is false, the second is true .

Members don't see this ad :)
im kind of confused about this. according to questions that says
"drop off", it seems that lymph is the answer, cause neural doesn't "drop off".
am i right?

accordint to question that says "drop off", it seems that "lymph" is answer. cause neural doesnt drop off. am i right?

Neural growth slows down after 6 yrs ...as 95% of the growth is completed by 6yrs .....i thought "drop off " meant slowing down of the growth rate.....

Couple things from the the nbde II....

When additional anesthetic is given in a sensitive rct, do you drop anesthetic into the canal or do you place the syringe into the actual canal?

With smokeless tobacco, do you get attachment loss?

Is periodontal disease linked by research to cardiovascular disease?

What is the result of epi and mao given together?

Pit and fissure caries are caused by what? Strep Mutans, lactobacilli?

any help appreciated.....cant figure these out for sure...

When additional anesthetic is given in a sensitive rct, do you drop anesthetic into the canal or do you place the syringe into the actual canal?

Place the syringe into the actual canal but if back pressure occur then have to drop anesthetic into the canal by placing syring on pulp chamber.

Answer: NO.

Yes...

Sterp Mutans

the answer is already given in this thread you can check previous pages of the same thread you will find the answer.
thnks

Hi
help me with ans thanx
1. Additional cured silicones (polyvinyl Siloxane) are often the materials of choice for impressions for fixed restorations. Each of the following is true about these materials except one. Which one is this exception?
a. give off ethyl alcohol during their setting reaction
b. can be poured more than once and still remain accurate
c. can be poured after 24 hours and still remain accurate
d. rebound from undercuts without permanent deformation
e. may released hydrogen gas during setting

2. why is it advisable to dispense the liquid component of cement of cement immediately before mixing?
a. to avoid absorption of moisture from the air
b. to avoid spreading over a large area of the slab
c. to allow tempering of the powder by the mixing slab
d. to reduce the temperature influence of the mixing slab
e. to prevent evaporation of the volatile components.

3 Which of the following is the typical interocclusal distance between opposing denture teeth at the physiological rest position?
a. 0.0-0.15 mm
b. 2.0-4.0 mm
c. 4.5-5.5 mm
d 6.0-8.0 mm

4 As an X-ray tube operates, electrons carry energy from the cathode to the anode into which of the following is MOST of this energy converted in the target?
a. heat
b. X ray
c. Magnetism
d. electricity
e. visible light

5 Class II amalgam restoration has a overhang at gingival margin. This might have been caused by which of the following?
b. poor carving

6 At what age are all primary teeth normally in occlusion?
a. 1.5-2.0 years
b. 2.5-3.0 years
c. 3.5-4 years
d. >4 years

7 Larger condensers and laterally applied condensation forces are recommended to ensure complete condensation of which of the following amalgam types?
a. admixed
b. spherical
c. lathe-cut
d. high-copper
e. conventional

8 The usual metabolic pathway of ingested fluoride primarily involves urinary excretion with the remaining portion found largely in the
a. teeth
b. muscle tissue
c. skeletal tissue
d. epidermal tissue

9 occlusal sealants succeed by altering which of the following
a. the substrate
b. the bacterial types
c. the bacterial number
d. the bacterial virulence
e. the host's susceptibility

10 probing depth can vary based on the degree of inflammation
frequently, the reduction in probing depth obtained after initial therapy reflects this changes, rather than a true gain in clinical attachment.
a. both statements are true
b. both statements are false
c. the first statement is true, the second statement is false
.d. the first statement is false, the second is true .

* 157 what is the cause of epulis fissuratum
a. unstable denture
b. under extention
c. over extention-------ANS
d. traumatic occlusion
Epulis fissuratum is caused by ill fitting dentures....so i think a.unstable denture is the ans

I thnk correct answer is unstable denture. Over extension leads to ulceration. but epulis fissuratum is caused by unstable denture.

maximum shrinkage after gingival curettage can be expected from tissue that is
a. fibroedematous
b. edematous ***** right
c. fibrotic
d. formed within an infrabony pocket
e. associated with exsudate formation

I think b is the right answer..can anyone give me a reference to answer this question???:confused::confused:

yes dralana you are right correct answer is b. Edematous

A cold stimulus applied to a tooth will produce a
hypersensitive response if the tooth
A. is nonvital.
B. has a periodontal pocket.
C. has a hyperemic pulp.
D. has chronic proliferative pulpitis

correct me if i am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dr ymp
i got the ans for the above questions ... they hav been discussed before ...the ans are in page 11
thanx

is it mao or mao inhibitors?

i think the ans is residual cyst, since lateral periodontal cyst is an inflammatory cyst and when present at the apex of the tooth its called residual cyst. primodial cyst is one that doesn`t have calcified tissue.

answer id dentigerous cyst

please ans this question
Most common incision used by oral surgeon
a) z incision
b) Y incision
c) envelop

first of all this link is talking abt tobacco smoking and here we are talking abt somkeless tobacco. Another thing this article and carranza's clinical periodontolgy both suggest that tobacco smoking increase the severity of the attachment loss but tobacco smoking is not a causative factor for attachment loss.

So I stick to the answer NO[/q\

this link has also discussed about smokeless tobacco.......
Among current week users, 46% had oral mucosal lesions, located primarily in the mandible at sites where the smokeless tobacco quid was placed. The use of smokeless tobacco was not necessarily associated with severe forms of periodontal disease, and the presence of poor oral hygiene and gingivitis in these users was not related to the development of oral lesions. However, sites adjacent to mucosal lesions in smokeless tobacco users showed significantly greater recession and attachment loss than in sites not adjacent to lesions in users or comparable sites in non-users.

But as u have said smokeless tobacco may not be the cause but increases the severity...........i am not confident with either answers...

Well...that was interesting. It doesn't seem like many people want to discuss this exam. Everyone who has posted questions that they had on their exam...I certainly didn't have - nor did anyone I know. So it would seem that there are numerous variations of the exam being given (just a heads up for those of you who are hoping that you will get repeats from SDN...you won't).

The 1st 200 Q's weren't so bad...the next 200 Q's were hit or miss...probably more miss. Studying decks didn't help (dito for everyone I know who has already taken the exam).

Released Exams: 1978-2005 (maybe 12 repeat questions...maybe?)
Unreleased Exams...or at least what people call "unreleased exams/remembered Q's" (0 repeat Q's...save your money and time, nothing that people are selling on this forum are real questions...at least not from the exams that have been out in the last few years).

There was a fair amount of completely random questions that I have googled for the past hour and still can't find an answer to.

Looking back, I have no idea how I would have studied differently. It seemed like there was an overwhelming amount of Perio/Endo on my exam...maybe a dozen Pharm Q's (which were really obvious). Same with Oral Path...not as many Q's as I had hoped, and they were really obvious. I didn't look at the decks for either O-path or Pharm and I am pretty sure I didn't miss a single question on either subject. Lots of behavioral Sciences...these questions were either really obvious or every answer choice sounded equally correct.

I think the people who do the best on this exam are the ones who have the most clinical experience. The overwhelming majority of the questions couldn't have been answered from the decks or old exams.

first of all this link is talking abt tobacco smoking and here we are talking abt somkeless tobacco. Another thing this article and carranza's clinical periodontolgy both suggest that tobacco smoking increase the severity of the attachment loss but tobacco smoking is not a causative factor for attachment loss.

So I stick to the answer NO[/q\

this link has also discussed about smokeless tobacco.......
Among current week users, 46% had oral mucosal lesions, located primarily in the mandible at sites where the smokeless tobacco quid was placed. The use of smokeless tobacco was not necessarily associated with severe forms of periodontal disease, and the presence of poor oral hygiene and gingivitis in these users was not related to the development of oral lesions. However, sites adjacent to mucosal lesions in smokeless tobacco users showed significantly greater recession and attachment loss than in sites not adjacent to lesions in users or comparable sites in non-users.

But as u have said smokeless tobacco may not be the cause but increases the severity...........i am not confident with either answers...

Yes you are right smiling tooth.. Placement of tobacco quid into the vestibule leads to attachment loss into area nearby. I respect to your answer.

thnks

please ans this question
Most common incision used by oral surgeon
a) z incision
b) Y incision
c) envelop

Ans is c) envelop incision.

z incision is used for frenectomy which is very rare. and Y incision is used to remove torus even that is very rare compare to envelop incision.

please ans this question-

b. poor carving

I think ans should be (a)
It should not be C as function of wedge is primarily separation of tooth to makes space for matrix band.
Please reply

Hello everybody , just wanted to let you know that today I recieved my part 2 score , it took exactly 2 to recieve it . I got 85 , not really sure if it is a very competitive score but believe me that I am happy , last night I had a dream ( sounds like Martin Luther King jeje ) that today I was going to recieve a passing score , Now i will start applying all over where to get into a program
Just wanted to wish the best to all of you and study hard and results will arrive ,
As Paulo Cohelo says on his best seller The Alquimist : "... when someone really wants something it is like if the entire universe conspires so that you get it...."
best wishes to all

b. poor carving

It should not be C as function of wedge is primarily separation of tooth to makes space for matrix band.
Please reply
It could be any of them. There are plenty of teeth with contacts loose enough to slide a matrix band through, and the wedge helps contour the gingival aspect of the matrix.

Hello everybody , just wanted to let you know that today I recieved my part 2 score , it took exactly 2 to recieve it . I got 85 , not really sure if it is a very competitive score but believe me that I am happy , last night I had a dream ( sounds like Martin Luther King jeje ) that today I was going to recieve a passing score , Now i will start applying all over where to get into a program
Just wanted to wish the best to all of you and study hard and results will arrive ,
As Paulo Cohelo says on his best seller The Alquimist : "... when someone really wants something it is like if the entire universe conspires so that you get it...."
best wishes to all

My part II exam in on June28-29. What do you advise to I study in last week.

b. poor carving

Please reply

definetly I believe that the answer is C , discard poor carving (b) , poor adaptation of the matrix band I think that would be more related with a improper proximal contour ( it doesn't mean that it couldn't be the cause aswell , but I go for answer (c) , in which case ( if the gingival embrasure was too wide ) several teqniques like for example a cotton pellet between band and wedge , or double wedge , or a customize wedge with a cutting instrument ( eg. blade ) , or obviously a big and tight wedge ,

thats my opinion so I also agree with you and aphistis aswell

b. poor carving

Please reply

All answer can be the right but if I have to select one answer from all of this then that would be C. Did not wedge the matrix band

hey, congrats on your score
i have my exam on 28 june, can u please hpe of questionns which were seen on the exam , and help me with the type of questions seen on exam and how is the case section. is there anything i shud atudy last moment, any tips. it wud be a great help. thanx

best wishes to all

85 is a very good score
Congratulations :thumbup:

DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS THE PSI OF A FULL TANK OF NITROGEN ????
AND WHAT IS THE COLOR OF NITROGEN TANK????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Which of the following systemic diseases does/do
NOT predispose a patient to periodontitis?
1. Cyclic neutropenia.
2. Diabetes mellitus.
3. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
4. Hereditary hypohydrotic ectodermal
dysplasia.
A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

A clenching habit may be a factor in
A. suprabony periodontal pocket formation.
B. marginal gingivitis.
C. increased tooth mobility.
D. generalized recession.

Water irrigation devices have been shown to
A. eliminate plaque.
B. dislodge food particles from between
teeth.
C. disinfect pockets for up to 18 hours.
D. prevent calculus formation.

Mandibular growth
A. is sustained over a longer period of time
in girls.
B. is sustained over a longer period of time
in boys.
C. occurs at the same chronologic age in
both sexes.
D. occurs two years earlier in boys than in
girls.

In cephalometry, the most stable point in a
growing skull is the
A. sella turcica.
B. nasion.
C. Broadbent's point.
D. Bolton point.

Oxygen is in Green cylinder
Nitrogen is inBlue cylinder

Just to correct you smiling tooth pressure i mean N2O has 750 Psi not 745Psi , if you get an option in the range of 45,50,55.... you won't make it right.Just be carful guys.
By the way this is a Q in NBDE-2 release exam L. Just check it out please.:thumbup:
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS THE PSI OF A FULL TANK OF NITROGEN ????
AND WHAT IS THE COLOR OF NITROGEN TANK????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Its nice to know your % , very inspiring one. Thanks for being in touch with the network. tell me one thing how did you prepare your perio and prostho, please give us your insite. thanks.:thumbup:
:)

thank you

q
1. Cyclic neutropenia.
2. Diabetes mellitus.
dysplasia.
A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only----------ans
E. All of the above.

B. marginal gingivitis.

A. eliminate plaque.
teeth.-------------------ans

Mandibular growth
in girls.
in boys.
both sexes.
girls.

growing skull is the
A. sella turcica.
B. nasion.
C. Broadbent's point.
D. Bolton point.

1. Cyclic neutropenia.
2. Diabetes mellitus.
dysplasia.
A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

B. marginal gingivitis.

A. eliminate plaque.
teeth.

Mandibular growth
in girls.
in boys.

both sexes.
girls.

growing skull is the
A. sella turcica.
B. nasion.
C. Broadbent's point.
D. Bolton point.

??????:oops:

thnks... some more question.

Which cells migrate into the gingival sulcus in the
largest numbers in response to the accumulation of
plaque?
A. Plasma cells and monocytes.
B. Polymorphonuclear leukocytes.
C. Macrophages.
D. Lymphocytes.
E. Mast cells.

With the development of gingivitis, the sulcus
becomes predominantly populated by
A. gram-positive organisms.
B. gram-negative organisms.
C. diplococcal organisms.
D. spirochetes.

Excessive formation of scar tissue beyond the
wound margin is called
A. a fibroma.
B. a keloid.
C. a fibro-epithelial polyp.
D. epithelial hyperplasia.

During tooth development, vitamin A deficiency
may result in
A. peg-shaped teeth.
B. partial anodontia (hypodontia).
C. Hutchinson's incisors.
D. enamel hypoplasia.
E. dentinogenesis imperfecta.

In restoring occlusal anatomy, the protrusive
condylar path inclination has its primary influence
on the morphology of
A. cusp height.
B. anterior teeth only.
C. mesial inclines of maxillary cusps and
distal inclines of mandibular cusps.
D. mesial inclines of mandibular cusps and
distal inclines of maxillary cusps.

Which of the following foods is the most
cariogenic?
A. Cheese.
B. Dark chocolate.
C. Jam
D. Toffee

thnks... some more question.

Which cells migrate into the gingival sulcus in the
largest numbers in response to the accumulation of
plaque?
A. Plasma cells and monocytes.
B. Polymorphonuclear leukocytes.ANS
C. Macrophages.
D. Lymphocytes.
E. Mast cells.

A. gram-positive organisms.ANS
D. spirochetes.

Excessive formation of scar tissue beyond the
wound margin is called
A. a fibroma.
B. a keloid.ANS
C. a fibro-epithelial polyp.
D. epithelial hyperplasia.

During tooth development, vitamin A deficiency
may result in
A. peg-shaped teeth.
B. partial anodontia (hypodontia).
C. Hutchinson's incisors.
D. enamel hypoplasia.ANS
E. dentinogenesis imperfecta.

on the morphology of
A. cusp height.
B. anterior teeth only.
distal inclines of maxillary cusps.ANS

Which of the following foods is the most
cariogenic?
A. Cheese.
B. Dark chocolate.
C. JamANS(NOT SURE BUT I M JUS GUESSING DAT SINCE IT WILL BE THE MOST STICKY ONE)
D. Toffee

HOPE THIS HELPS...

A. eliminate plaque.
teeth.ANS

Oxygen is in Green cylinder
Nitrogen is inBlue cylinder

Just to correct you smiling tooth pressure i mean N2O has 750 Psi not 745Psi , if you get an option in the range of 45,50,55.... you won't make it right.Just be carful guys.
By the way this is a Q in NBDE-2 release exam L. Just check it out please.:thumbup:

Thankyou mitpat:)

HOPE THIS HELPS...

thnks dental doc80

A. gram-positive organisms.ANS
D. spirochetes

As in gingivits there is equal population of gram positive and gram negative organism.. Can you please explain the preference for gram positive organism.

on the morphology of
A. cusp height.
B. anterior teeth only.
distal inclines of maxillary cusps.ANS

can you please explain

Status
Not open for further replies.