Navy HSCP - Referral Promotion from E6 to E7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chompsss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Now that I've been selected for the HSCP program, my main priority is to get promoted from E6 to E7 by referring someone who accesses into one of the medical programs. It's a difference of almost $19,000 (after taxes) over the course of dental school. I'm hoping to get some feedback or advice from people who have actually been in my position (or people who were referred by someone in my position). Questions I have:

1) Are the medicine or dental programs the only ones that count or would PA, Pharmacy, etc. also count for referring someone into?
2) What paperwork will I need to complete (specifically) in order to get the promotion from E6 to E7?
3) What paperwork will the person I refer need to complete in order to get the promotion?
4) What kind of proof will I need to provide? For example, if I spoke with someone about HPSP or HSCP last year and they ended up applying and are now getting selected, how do I/do I even have to prove that?

Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I got this advancement pretty early on after accepting HSCP. I always talked to the students who were coming in for interviews and asked if anyone was interested in military scholarships. I know people have connected on here and other social media places to get the advancement. Also talk to your recruiter, they may be able to put you in touch with a recruit. There is one piece of paper, as far as I know, that your command will fill out and you just sign. The advancement is retroactive to the day that person swears in, so don't worry if it takes months or years, you will get back pay. It works for any person going into any navy medical program - NAVCRUIT_1131_130_5741:

That there is one possible method by which I can advance to OCCPO/E7. Documentation for advancement shall be submitted to the NAVCRUITDIST that I am assigned for routing to NAVCRUITCOM for approval by DCNO (N132).
(1) I make a referral that results as a new accession to any Navy medical department officer accession program.

I don't think that the person you recruited has to fill any paperwork out. As far as proof, at least at my command, I didn't need much. If it happened and both you and the applicant say it happened that should be good enough. In my recruiting district/command they want you to get the advancement and actively help you get it. You should be good if you have already spoken to someone who later swore in, just get the process started with your recruiter.

Hello,

Now that I've been selected for the HSCP program, my main priority is to get promoted from E6 to E7 by referring someone who accesses into one of the medical programs. It's a difference of almost $19,000 (after taxes) over the course of dental school. I'm hoping to get some feedback or advice from people who have actually been in my position (or people who were referred by someone in my position). Questions I have:

1) Are the medicine or dental programs the only ones that count or would PA, Pharmacy, etc. also count for referring someone into?
2) What paperwork will I need to complete (specifically) in order to get the promotion from E6 to E7?
3) What paperwork will the person I refer need to complete in order to get the promotion?
4) What kind of proof will I need to provide? For example, if I spoke with someone about HPSP or HSCP last year and they ended up applying and are now getting selected, how do I/do I even have to prove that?

Any help is appreciated!
congrats on getting hscp!
dentcl summarized it pretty nicely

Members don't see this ad :)
Dunno, I'm applying from active duty as an officer so I'll be an E-7 right away automatically. Which is actually a pretty significant DEmotion, but still an insanely good deal.

Is the promotion only for people that got the HSCP? Or does that work for the HPSP

HSCP. With HPSP you are in the IRR. With HSCP you are active duty enlisted.

You come in as an E-6 and can be bumped to E-7 if you refer someone into the program. If you have prior service in the pay grade of E-7 or higher than you start off as an E-7 right off the bat.

Bumping this thread as I am accepting an HSCP slot for D'2022, if anyone one can help me get a referral please PM and I could also probably help out someone :)