Navy HPSP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TAbrown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled for 2 Navy Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) Interviews in early September. What should I expect from them? Questions? Officers Involved?

Are the interviews more for security clearance reasons or are they "personality" interviews to see if the applicant is capable for the HPSP.

Members don't see this ad.

TAbrown said:
I am scheduled for 2 Navy Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) Interviews in early September. What should I expect from them? Questions? Officers Involved?

Are the interviews more for security clearance reasons or are they "personality" interviews to see if the applicant is capable for the HPSP.

The military is desperate for more doctors. The interview is to make sure that you want to join the military; it's not going to be as difficult as a medical school interview. If your experience is anything like mine, it'll go something like this:

HER: What's your MCAT score?
ME: 31
HER: Good, you're accepted.

deuist said:
The military is desperate for more doctors. The interview is to make sure that you want to join the military; it's not going to be as difficult as a medical school interview. If your experience is anything like mine, it'll go something like this:

HER: What's your MCAT score?
ME: 31
HER: Good, you're accepted.

Thanks,

That's good to hear; I like the simplicity!