Navy HPSP C/O 2025 Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope. Are you Navy or Army? Was this a phone contact or email?
Navy. Phone call. Have the interview tomorrow. Possible has to do with my SF86 and not meaning I received the scholarship.

My recruiter said Jan boards have not been posted and the last two years the Navy has not posted them separately. They have been posted at the same time together. This way if someone in Jan gets a scholarship but someone in Feb is a better candidate they can switch them around.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone been contacted by the Defense Counter Intelligence Agency to do an interview for your security clearance?
I believe I had that to confirm something on my background check. I was interviewed, along with two of my references. Super casual.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been contacted by the Defense Counter Intelligence Agency to do an interview for your security clearance?
I got that done around 6 months ago so I don’t think it has anything to do with getting the scholarship. My recruiter said that was rather quick since they usually expect that sort of thing to take a few months more than it did for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
My recruiter said Jan boards have not been posted and the last two years the Navy has not posted them separately. They have been posted at the same time together. This way if someone in Jan gets a scholarship but someone in Feb is a better candidate they can switch them around.
If they followed the same board dates, that would mean they posted both board results four days after the February board last year. That’s a shockingly fast turnaround for the military if true.

The boards schedule is still the same for Navy for FY21 for those who applied for the first/second boards.

Attachments

• Navy Boards Schedule 2021.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 245

The boards schedule is still the same for Navy for FY21 for those who applied for the first/second boards.
So it looks like Jan and Feb boards already did convene, but earlier than people thought... this is quite confusing, hope we just hear back soon!

If they followed the same board dates, that would mean they posted both board results four days after the February board last year. That’s a shockingly fast turnaround for the military if true.

Last edited:
Sorry, not sure how it came across they post four days after Feb board. Apparently, they came out in March last year (what recruiter said). She said she expects them to come out around the same time this year
that is amazing you found that document. I had been searching high and low. Maybe it just came up on the internet the past week or so? The only thing i found was the exact same document, but it had 2020 instead of 2021 and when i brought that up to a recruiter, they said it was a typo. Interesting this says Feb 1st. Again, my recruiter says my application still says boarded or something... and they met around the 15th of Feb last year, and would meet around the same time this year...

Just received call of acceptance from Navy recruiter. She said board results came out at about 4:30 CT.

Reactions: 4 users
Just received call of acceptance from Navy recruiter. She said board results came out at about 4:30 CT.
Can confirm. Also got a call of acceptance around that time.

Reactions: 1 users
my recruiter just called and got an acceptance as well :)

does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist? my recruiter said i was placed on the upper end of the waitlist list so not too sure how that works

I have been waitlisted for the Navy HPSP, however, I am extremely close to the top of the waitlist. Could this mean I might receive the HSCP?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from my recruiter a few hours ago saying the results for the Navy HPSP are out! It sounds like they were released RIGHT at the end of business hours, so many recruiters probably haven’t had time to see it.

I’d expect an update this Tuesday regarding results (to those who haven’t heard yet) so keep your phones on!

does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist? my recruiter said i was placed on the upper end of the waitlist list so not too sure how that works

Possibility you may get off the waitlist before school starts. It would probably be a couple of months from now though. It is my understanding that when someone declines or backs out, it is in the recruiter's best interest to sit on the paperwork for some time in case the applicant reverses their decision.

If not selected before school, you may get selected for the 4 year in the middle of Fall D1 when the new DoD fiscal year begins. This is what happened to me and some others last year. Details on this thread: Navy 3 year HPSP with backpay and signing bonus

Hope this helps

Golfballer

Also I have heard everyone last year on the waitlist received a three year scholarship. Seems like I have not had all the right information, but this is what I was told.

Congrats to everyone on being professionally recommended!!! That’s a big flexxxxx 💪🏽

Did anyone who put down HSCP as number two get it, or were they waitlisted for HPSP?

Last edited:
Anyone selected care to share your stats like dental experience, gpa, dat, prior service or no? It would be greatly appreciated.

accepted to hpsp and hscp yesterday!
undergrad gpa: 3.2
post-bacc gpa: 3.9
dat: 22 AA, 24 TS, 28 PAT
volunteering: suicide hotline, food bank, hospital, dental mission trip
totaling approx 450 hours
work experience: dental assistant 3 years, dental receptionist 1 year
no prior service

Reactions: 2 users
accepted to hpsp and hscp yesterday!
undergrad gpa: 3.2
post-bacc gpa: 3.9
dat: 22 AA, 24 TS, 28 PAT
volunteering: suicide hotline, food bank, hospital, dental mission trip
totaling approx 450 hours
work experience: dental assistant 3 years, dental receptionist 1 year
no prior service
Congratulations 🎊

Can anyone confirm if they received the HSCP and are accepting it?

I only applied for 4yr HPSP. I posted yesterday but I took it down but it might help someone like I was helped today 🤞🏾

**alternate select**
- gpa: 3.7
- dat: 18 AA
- accepted to 3 dental schools on 15DEC2020
- started my HPSP app: AUG2020
- completed kit awaiting to board: 15DEC2020
- community service/volunteerism: all my life lol and my most proud service is my predental business
- prior service: currently serving USN-R, 4 1/2 years so far
- LOR: command/unit leadership, civilian dentist, 2 science professors
- Evals: mp & ep only

Congratulations really to everyone in select status and goodluck to everyone awaiting to hear. It’s only up from here 🤞🏾🇺🇸

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted Army HPSP, Alternate list for Navy HPSP. 3.76/3.65 oGPA/sGPA, 23 DAT, leadership, 500+ hours community service. Will be going with the Army, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!

Accepted Army HPSP, Alternate list for Navy HPSP. 3.76/3.65 oGPA/sGPA, 23 DAT, leadership, 500+ hours community service. Will be going with the Army, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!
Okay soldier 🙌🏽 That hard work pays off . Y’all out here doing the thing! Congratulations 🚨

Okay soldier 🙌🏽 That hard work pays off . Y’all out here doing the thing! Congratulations 🚨
Thank you!! Trying to get Army paperwork signed as soon as possible so I can get off the waitlist and let everyone hopefully move up a spot :)

Were the results released Friday just for the January boards or do they include February boards?

I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter at all. Should I reach out and ask about the status?

I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter at all. Should I reach out and ask about the status?
I would but my recruiter said he didn’t want to update me until he had gotten more information but since I asked he went ahead and told me. So if you really want to know definitely reach out.

I would but my recruiter said he didn’t want to update me until he had gotten more information but since I asked he went ahead and told me. So if you really want to know definitely reach out.
If you guys heard back I’m sure my recruiter has my status, I just don’t know if it’s a good idea to reach out. But thank you for your response!!

there are two boards so if you didn't hear back most likely you are on the second board, I just asked my recruiter and she said that you were either placed in the January board or February board. It didn't matter if you submitted early they place it randomly

there are two boards so if you didn't hear back most likely you are on the second board, I just asked my recruiter and she said that you were either placed in the January board or February board. It didn't matter if you submitted early they place it randomly
Oh wow! Thank you, and makes me feel a bit better.

I was selected as an alternate, but my recruiter told me that the alternates weren't ranked. Can anyone confirm?

I was selected as an alternate, but my recruiter told me that the alternates weren't ranked. Can anyone confirm?
I was also told this. He said the list in the results email has no particular order, and that there isn't a "top of the waitlist" or anything.

is that really true? because i heard if they filled out all the spots during the january board, they won’t even look at the february board

I was also told that selectees have until February 28th to accept (with whatever branch) and have all the necessary documentation such as letter of acceptance into school and security clearance. Alternate selects should know shortly after if there are leftover slots.

Hmm that´s interesting, my recruiter told me what position I ranked on the alternate list.

Hmm that´s interesting, my recruiter told me what position I ranked on the alternate list.
I have no idea. I'm coming to the conclusion that all of our recruiters are telling us different things :unsure:

Reactions: 4 users
I have no idea. I'm coming to the conclusion that all of our recruiters are telling us different things :unsure:
I agree with you, I have heard so many different things from different people about what their recruiters have been telling them. It is super frustrating.

Yes all recruiters will tell you different things. For one, the schedule clearly shows the dates by which you have to have your packet submitted for the Jan or Feb board- 15th of month prior. Also, it is the most unlikely circumstance everyone will have a security clearance by 28th of Feb- if anyone. UNLESS they literally put these at the top of the queue which is unlikely. I was also told Feb board selections come out end of Feb beginning of March. I have heard stories when people were professionally offered HPSP but when I came down to it, they were told they didn’t have any left. Basically, anything will happen at any time and it isn’t 100% till you take the oath.

I also imagine those alternative spots are dynamic. They might rank you somewhere now, but after the feb board that rank could change. Doesn’t make since for the Navy to say “this applicant is better, but since they applied later and were boarded later they are automatically placed lower.” Needs of Navy always wins. Like I said. They will do whatever they want in my opinion.

is that really true? because i heard if they filled out all the spots during the january board, they won’t even look at the february board
My recruiter said that the feb board is "a different board with a different set of quotas", but as per the last few comments, it seems that every recruiter is saying different things and we don't know what is accurate and what isn't. My recruiter initially said I'd have my results late January early February but now said that I am on the second board and he has no idea when those results will be released..

I’ve been in the Navy for a nice amount of time and I have learned that communication isn’t always it’s strong suit.

I would hope recruiters are doing their best to keep everyone updated but just give them some time y’all. The military is an ever-changing entity and COVID-19, as well as adverse weather conditions does play a great role in the timeline of everything.

As you all become newly commissioned military dentists, you will understand exactly what I mean lol.

And many military personnel are currently teleworking from varying places and even home, so it makes it harder to stay on one accord and all other sorts of things and honestly when it’s time to know, you’ll know 🤞🏾

It’s still okay to inquire about your kit from here to there but I’m sure they are doing what they can, given the circumstances this year. And I do understand that this is a time sensitive matter to those starting dental school in August or June but everything is going to be okay. And you have to learn that you can’t really worry too much about things that are out of your control or even your recruiters control.

I was driving myself nuts until I realized, it’s out of my control. I just had to find something else to channel my energy into while waiting. 🙌🏽

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My Army recruiter told me that I was initially placed on the OML waitlist but that I am now pending status. He also mentioned that this could be a "good thing." Has anyone had this happen to them, or does anyone know what this could mean?

Does anyone know how many Navy slots of the 60 were filled in this first board? I know some of you have said that you're alternates/waitlisted, so does that mean all the slots were filled?

I unfortunately didn't get my application in until the January deadline (for the February board) so I'm really hoping I still have a shot!!

Sorry to butt in with an unrelated question, but I am struggling to find this info online. In the Navy HPSP, are you required to apply for a residency after dental school?

Just found out from recruiter I am now “pending exception”. She said it’s a very good sign. Anyone else told this and know chances I have of getting it now? This is for Army btw

Just found out from recruiter I am now “pending exception”. She said it’s a very good sign. Anyone else told this and know chances I have of getting it now? This is for Army btw
I would say it depends on the context of why an "exception" is pending at all. I haven't ever heard of an exception in regards to, "all the slots have been filled, but we're going to think about making an exception for you and give you an extra."

Were you technically disqualified from MEPS and are trying to get a waiver? (I know the Navy allows this, not sure about Army)
Had you not had all the paperwork in by the deadline? The exception would be to have the deadline waived so the board still looks at your application if like one thing's missing (MEPS, for example)

I know physical waivers are relatively straightforward to come by, assuming the disqualification was for something really small and non-debilitating. Deadline exceptions are far rarer for obvious reasons.

I would say it depends on the context of why an "exception" is pending at all. I haven't ever heard of an exception in regards to, "all the slots have been filled, but we're going to think about making an exception for you and give you an extra."

Were you technically disqualified from MEPS and are trying to get a waiver? (I know the Navy allows this, not sure about Army)
Had you not had all the paperwork in by the deadline? The exception would be to have the deadline waived so the board still looks at your application if like one thing's missing (MEPS, for example)

I know physical waivers are relatively straightforward to come by, assuming the disqualification was for something really small and non-debilitating. Deadline exceptions are far rarer for obvious reasons.
No to all of the above. Everything including MEPS and such completed on time

did any of the people who got accepted to HPSP get commissioned yet or know when they are getting commissioned?

Sorry to butt in with an unrelated question, but I am struggling to find this info online. In the Navy HPSP, are you required to apply for a residency after dental school?
I don't believe it's required for the Navy, but everyone recommends it especially if you plan on going back to civilian practice.