Navy HPSP C/O 2025 Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentingwpk

Reaction score
Hey y’all! Just wondering have everyone heard the update that the first board will be (Jan 15, 2021). And that they have removed the requirement of having your acceptance letter prior to board. However to be a final select your recruiter or processor will need it in hand NLT 30 Jan 2021. And everything is due to COVID! Good luck guys.

Go Navy!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y’all! Just wondering have everyone heard the update that the first board will be (Jan 15, 2021). And that they have removed the requirement of having your acceptance letter prior to board. However to be a final select your recruiter or processor will need it in hand NLT 30 Jan 2021. And everything is due to COVID! Good luck guys.

Go Navy!
Great to hear. Thank you and goodluck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
This is so exciting! I thought they had already had a few boards but I guess not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you have to be cleared by medical by Jan 15th?

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully things go well. I heard on this board that scholarships were being cut this year, but on Facebook a list posted for the C/O 2025 showed 55 four year scholarship slots... so don’t know exactly how competitive it’s gonna be, but I hope the 55 is correct!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully things go well. I heard on this board that scholarships were being cut this year, but on Facebook a list posted for the C/O 2025 showed 55 four year scholarship slots... so don’t know exactly how competitive it’s gonna be, but I hope the 55 is correct!
My recruiter told me 75 spots. But he could be wrong. Anyways good luck!

As Predentingwpk said, I was also told 70-75 by my recruiter (was able to get the package done in a couple week (I think we talked back in december about applying for the 3 year next year?)) Also, apparently, 15 HCSP. The thing I have heard that is contradicted by some is if the board only meets once this year. Predentingwpk found a document that clearly states they will meet more than once, but my recruiter is standing firm on the "board only meets once."

I was told by my recruiter that we would be hearing by the end of this week, has anyone heard anything similar?

Interesting, my recruiter said that the 30th is the deadline for uploading a letter of acceptance. (Interesting how that is a weekend? Seems like in that past the 1st of the month was the deadline for that months boards, but my recruiter said there is only one board for dental scholarships this cycle)

@PreDentGator2021 What did he say you would be hearing exactly? I assume you already received an acceptance letter? Also, was told if you DO NOT have an acceptance letter you will be able to forgo the deadline and have your application boarded if you have a 22+ DAT.

Just got off the phone with my recruiter. He said that the Board began meeting on the 21st and there were 132 applicants for 60 spots! He wasn't sure about the deadline on the 30th, but obviously they wouldn't be able to offer someone a scholarship without an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the phone with my recruiter. He said that the Board began meeting on the 21st and there were 132 applicants for 60 spots! He wasn't sure about the deadline on the 30th, but obviously they wouldn't be able to offer someone a scholarship without an acceptance.
Wow, that's a lot less applicants than I thought there would be. Fingers crossed!

Yes, that is good to know in terms of applicants vs spots. I think in the past you could hold the scholarship for a bit until you had to give it up if you didn’t get an acceptance. I guess this year if you have a 22+ you can hold it past the 30th? Anyways, nice good luck to everyone.

@Puong Did he say if they were meeting again this cycle, or just meeting once?

They’re definitely meeting more than once since my recruiter mentioned he just sent in another kit. When people say their recruiters say that there’s only one board I think they mean that everyone from the second board on gets waitlisted. In regards to when they’ll release results, I’m not sure. I do know that last year they released results for the first two boards at the same time.

So I called another recruiter. They can meet more than once. However, if they fill their spots on the first board then they will not meet again.

Apparently, those 60 spots are 55 HPSP and 5 HSCP. If i recall correctly, there were 60 people for HCSP, but I am sure most of those people also put HPSP down for their 2nd choice.

It is normal for them to release the results after the first board, even though there are more boards left?

It is crazy how there is such a difference in information out there. My recruiter said they pick off both boards and then release both results.

Yea my recruiter said mid Feb at the earliest 😂. Guess we won’t know until we know

Reactions: 2 users
Yea my recruiter said mid Feb at the earliest 😂. Guess we won’t know until we know
Oh wow, that would be interesting... my financial information is due Feb 15 for the private I got accepted into so I was hoping to get it a week or two before then :/

Well next week is the 1st week of Feb so hopefully we hear some news by the end of Friday!

Anyone know when the February board meets?

Anyone else on this thread because there isn’t one for Army 😅🤷‍♂️

Yes only one board. It began meeting last Tuesday apparently. Anyone know how long until results?
My recruiter told me we would be hearing in the next two to three weeks. So Navy should be announcing soon and I would imagine Army will follow 1-2 weeks after that.

My recruiter said hopefully by the end of this week, so fingers crossed :xf:

I was told the 2nd Feb board is 15-FEB. Also, as i said above, they will release selections when both boards are finished. Again, seems like so much different information so who really knows.

I was told the 2nd Feb board is 15-FEB. Also, as i said above, they will release selections when both boards are finished. Again, seems like so much different information so who really knows.
Yeah I think this is definitely not true, they always release board decisions as they come out not all at once

Yeah I think this is definitely not true, they always release board decisions as they come out not all at once
Do you know if it is true that everyone on the second board will be put on the waitlist?

Do you know if it is true that everyone on the second board will be put on the waitlist?
That I'm not sure of, things are usually pretty fluid during the process so there is always the possibility that they don't get enough people they really like, and will hold out for more people with certain stats/character traits/experiences/etc in the second board.

Navy results were released Feb 19 last year FYI. You get the scholarship, you are placed on a waitlist, or you are rejected.

Golfballer

I think that they literally do whatever they want. Maybe on year they fill it all pretty quick and then release then maybe on year they fill slower.

Has anyone been contacted by the Defense Counter Intelligence Agency to do an interview for your security clearance?

Has anyone been contacted by the Defense Counter Intelligence Agency to do an interview for your security clearance?
Nope. Are you Navy or Army? Was this a phone contact or email?