Naplex/CPJE review for '02 grad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxmama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I, grad '02, and have been out of practice for couple years being a stay at home mom. We recently moved to the Bay area (just 20mins south of SFO) and just starting the Naplex/CPJE process. I am now finding myself overwhelmed with all this study material (just CPR and APHA). I am just using CPR and Apha and just got that weissman book for CA community Law (I took Mass Law just 2 yrs ago when we moved there from chicago where I am orig licensed) I don't remember anything really especially with a mommy brain (3yr, 2yr and 9mo!). I am giving myself 30hrs a week for 6 weeks for naplex and 30 hrs a week for 3 weeks for cpje. Any thoughts on how much I should study, books, sample tests, etc. Anybody selling their mosby stuff?

also while I have your attention...did everyone who graduate in this area get a job this year?

Not only am I stressing about these exams...I don't even know if I will even get a job :(

thanks so much!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just moved here from Chicago as well. Graduated in 2001 and also have to take Naplex and CPJE. I live in Bay area. May be we can plan some study group or something. I went to Mass college of Pharmacy. I don't know if we went to the same School. Waiting for your reply. Good Luck

hi,,,i think i am in hte same situation...i grad 06 but i am a foreign grad ..i am 10 weeks preganant with my first and i have been trying to start studying too..i am in southern cali..i would love to join a study group..

Hi I grad from chicago and lived in boston briefly for 2 yrs. I am studying in the peninsula area but my hrs are a little crazy with 3 little kids. basically whenever i can shove it in. sonu rx where are you at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I grad from chicago and lived in boston briefly for 2 yrs. I am studying in the peninsula area but my hrs are a little crazy with 3 little kids. basically whenever i can shove it in. sonu rx where are you at?

HI RX mama, I am in north San Jose. Did u already registered for Naplex and CPJE

I just moved here from Chicago as well. Graduated in 2001 and also have to take Naplex and CPJE. I live in Bay area. May be we can plan some study group or something. I went to Mass college of Pharmacy. I don't know if we went to the same School. Waiting for your reply. Good Luck

yes already put thru the papers and approved to sit for the exams but have not set a date yet.

Hi!

I'm a pharmacist in Mass moving to the San Fran in the next couple of months. I just took the CPJE on 7/21 and i used weissman and Apha to study. Didn't use CPR at all but I felt like i was pretty prepared with what I used. Are you looking to get a job in retail?

Hi!

I'm a pharmacist in Mass moving to the San Fran in the next couple of months. I just took the CPJE on 7/21 and i used weissman and Apha to study. Didn't use CPR at all but I felt like i was pretty prepared with what I used. Are you looking to get a job in retail?

I worked in retail all my life...so may be if the market is good when I pass the exams. Do u have to take Naplex also?

i have to re-take the naplex because the naplex i took in '02 won't reciprocate in california. Sonu if you graduated before me i think you have to re-take the naplex too. eyeman when did you last take the naplex? do you feel you did well on the cpje? keep us posted when you get your results. i hear it takes a while. i don't plan on taking it til sept after the naplex so i prob won't get scores til way later because i hear they release them in batches and i don't feel that many will be taking it in sept. also where do you think you will be working?

oops sonu i misread that you were asking eyeman if they needed to take the naplex...i thought you were asking if you needed to take it lol. that's what studying does to my brain!

i have to re-take the naplex because the naplex i took in '02 won't reciprocate in california. Sonu if you graduated before me i think you have to re-take the naplex too. eyeman when did you last take the naplex? do you feel you did well on the cpje? keep us posted when you get your results. i hear it takes a while. i don't plan on taking it til sept after the naplex so i prob won't get scores til way later because i hear they release them in batches and i don't feel that many will be taking it in sept. also where do you think you will be working?

I took the NAPLEX last summer so I was able to transfer my score to Cali and just take the CPJE. I feel I did well enough to pass....not exceptional. There were definetly some tough questions on there but there also were a good amount that were pretty straightforward. I work retail out in Mass right now so I'll probably be working around the San Jose/Santa Clara area. Good luck with your studies :)! I'll keep the thread updated when I get results

There is a posting today with 120 math questions posted today. PRINT and study these 120 questions. The difficulty is similar to the NAPLEX. Concentrate on TPN, %calculations and anything which appears relevant to modern pharmacy..Ignore Grains,capsule making, conversion etc.

Hi RXmama and Sonu
I am same boat with all of you...Sonu, I came from MCP too...class of 97. I took Naplex already and I passed...Now I am studying for CPJE...I have heard its very hard and more clinical questions...I am so worried...I don't know what to focus...If you're all interested study together... but I don't even know how we can...or if we can share info how to study...
Chao

Please do tell, how did u do it? what material to study for naplex ?
thanks a billion.