NAPLEX 2009 (Has anyone taken it yet?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to study for the Naplex and hope to take in Early June :scared:. Has anyone taken it yet and if so what did you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I passed the NAPLEX by a large margin. The exam was difficult in my opinion but it is passable if you study the materials by APhA. Now to tackle the CPJE and the MPJE.

Regards,

Blue

to blueclassring (and all), how did you find out your results? snail mail? did the passing results come on a special colored paper? Also, if two people took it on the same day, do they both receive their scores on the same day or do you receieve it faster if you you pass? if you live closer to wherever the mail's coming from?

Last edited:
I took the exam on Monday, and got the result on Saturday. It came from the Nevada State Board on ordinary white paper. apparently they sent the result on WEdnesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed NAPLEX!!

I asked you, blueclass, 'cuz I also took the 8/17. Turns out the NABP suckers mailed my scores to my folks' home on the other side of the country YESTERDAY (like you)! WTF, I made sure to use my current address. so my letter had to be read to me. Oh well, man, I was waiting forever and ever and getting worried that I still haven't gotten my results. YAY!

*Pre-naplex 1 (8/1): 121
*Pre-naplex 2 (8/15): 119
Naplex (8/17): wiiiiiiide margin :)

Study materials (in order):
- APhA (finished; haha, what a joke!)
- school notes (glanced)
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Review (too detailed)
- Lange Q&A :)thumbup::thumbup: didn't even finish the book; didn't start the CD)
- Kaplan (didn't finish;:thumbup::thumbup:)
- RxPrep (2005; glanced; got for free from my RPh)

no stats, tons of vaccinations, got lots of pictures (including several chemical structures of drugs and what chemical group would cause XYZ - seriously), 75% patient profiles, only didn't recognize 2 drugs names, i'm typically very good at math but the math probs I got were verrrrrrry tricky. As blueclassring mentioned lots of gimmes. Good luck!

Last edited:
OK!! Despite of all worries I passed the exam. Interestingly, I got exactly what I got in Pre-naplex but I found pre-naplex a lot easier than real exam....
Pre-naplex and Naplex: 123
Good luck to everyone waiting and preparing for the exam.

I passed NAPLEX!!

I asked you, blueclass, 'cuz I also took the 8/17. Turns out the NABP suckers mailed my scores to my folks' home on the other side of the country YESTERDAY (like you)! WTF, I made sure to use my current address. so my letter had to be read to me. Oh well, man, I was waiting forever and ever and getting worried that I still haven't gotten my results. YAY!

*Pre-naplex 1 (8/1): 121
*Pre-naplex 2 (8/15): 119
Naplex (8/17): wiiiiiiide margin :)

Study materials (in order):
- APhA (finished; haha, what a joke!)
- school notes (glanced)
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Review (too detailed)
- Lange Q&A :)thumbup::thumbup: didn't even finish the book; didn't start the CD)
- Kaplan (didn't finish;:thumbup::thumbup:)
- RxPrep (2005; glanced; got for free from my RPh)

no stats, tons of vaccinations, got lots of pictures (including several chemical structures of drugs and what chemical group would cause XYZ - seriously), 75% patient profiles, only didn't recognize 2 drugs names, i'm typically very good at math but the math probs I got were verrrrrrry tricky. As blueclassring mentioned lots of gimmes. Good luck!

How much math did you get? Mine was really tricky too! I mean not your random common TPN problems or simple dilution problems.... I got a lot of them too and I assume this because I was getting them wrong??? I got a whole profile on this really weird compounding/ HRT problem. I called the NABP and they said that the experimental problems can be the math problems too so I am praying at this his the case....

How much math did you get? Mine was really tricky too! I mean not your random common TPN problems or simple dilution problems.... I got a lot of them too and I assume this because I was getting them wrong??? I got a whole profile on this really weird compounding/ HRT problem. I called the NABP and they said that the experimental problems can be the math problems too so I am praying at this his the case....

a lot (sorry, can't really quantify it). I was worried b/c I know math saves you and most people i talk to were saved by math so when I knew for sure I got 5 math problems wrong, it was concerning. Goes to show you can pass with a wide margin and still get several math questions wrong. I know there's that saying if you get 1 question wrong, you'll get another question in the same topic area (it happened to me in the vaccines) but that's not always the case. I got several HIV questions (maybe 7?) after the other and I am 150% confident I answered each HIV question correctly. NAPLEX is weird.

a lot (sorry, can't really quantify it). I was worried b/c I know math saves you and most people i talk to were saved by math so when I knew for sure I got 5 math problems wrong, it was concerning. Goes to show you can pass with a wide margin and still get several math questions wrong. I know there's that saying if you get 1 question wrong, you'll get another question in the same topic area (it happened to me in the vaccines) but that's not always the case. I got several HIV questions (maybe 7?) after the other and I am 150% confident I answered each HIV question correctly. NAPLEX is weird.

Thanks for the post. I must have a a similar test because I had a lot of HIV and weird math. I know that I got some math wrong and I am worried, but I guess there is some hope still if you passed by a wide margin. I am hoping just to pass...:)

Thanks for the post. I must have a a similar test because I had a lot of HIV and weird math. I know that I got some math wrong and I am worried, but I guess there is some hope still if you passed by a wide margin. I am hoping just to pass...:)

Don't worry, Smilescali. You will pass! :) And enjoy the same wonderful feeling that the rest of us got to enjoy. I gaurantee you! To this day, I don't know a single individual who hasn't passed (& admitted...)

SmilesCali,

What % of USN graduates stay in Nevada?

Do you know any recruiter contacts for your school?

Thanks

I passed NAPLEX!!

hey gaba101, when I registered for NABP I put my address on NABP as my old address. I called them up today to change it to my new, current address. THe guy told me that it is not necessary to change. I told him I know some people who had their scores sent elsewhere like their folks home, and how does that happen. He said only your BOP will contact you if you pass or fail. Is that true?

Anyways, I updated my address with them. Is there any other ways to prevent them from sending it to my old address?? Nobody I know lives there and only first class mail gets forwarded!!! I am worried i'll never get my results! :scared:

Thanks!

HI Guys
I have my naplex in 3 days.what do you suggest I should concentrate on in these last few days?

Don't worry, Smilescali. You will pass! :) And enjoy the same wonderful feeling that the rest of us got to enjoy. I gaurantee you! To this day, I don't know a single individual who hasn't passed (& admitted...)

Thanks again! I finally found out that I did pass! By a very wide margin! So I guess it is true that the harder the test the better you are doing...:)