myspace, facebook, and the others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dena1342

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How imperative is it to have a "clean" facebook/myspace? I know that a lot of medical and law schools have people browsing these types of sites for applicants. Are any optometry schools known to do this kind of background check? Do you guys think its unnecessary and a bit excessive to deactivate facebook until after I have been admitted to my school of choice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've been told it is happening more and more frequently that this sort of thing happens. As far as what you should do is really up to you, but better safe than sorry.:)

As for the facebook account, would the schools be able to look at your profile even when your privacy is set only to friends?? In theory, they shouldn't be able to look at it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't think they could, but who is willing to take the chance? I really don't have much of anything to hide on facebook, I just would like to make sure I'm not being monitored without knowing it!

I really doubt optometry schools will do tha or have time to check your site. Just set your facebook security on high and they won't be able to see it.