My OMFS Residency Application Journey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
toofache32 said:
OMFSRES will be re-applying as soon as he gets that little certified-letter in the mail...

"Dear Dr. OMFSRES,

You are no longer welcome in the residency program at the University of ...."
I'm typing that letter now.

Members don't see this ad.

Yah-E said:
After I got all the information on what I need to apply, the conversation went like this:
She was like: "are you Andy?"
Andy: "yes!"
She was like: "oh, hi, I got your messages!" (all giggling)
Andy: "yup, that was me." (thinking to myself, do these people just don't call you back for fun? If you knew that I called numerous times in the last 7 days trying to find out information on how to apply, CALL ME BACK! This ain't that hard!)

So, word of caution, trying to get a hold some of these people to get information can be frustrating and pain in the @ss!

Careful when you talk to the secretary. Her opinion of the applicants holds more weight than you may think.

A friend of mine was chief resident for is EM program and often interviewed the applicants. They always asked the secretary what she thought of so and so.

Relax andy
i have similiar stats to you, applied to 6 programs last year and got interviews at four. Just impress that at the interviews. I did not have any externships when i applied since my school refused to give me time off. The only time i had was at the end of second year(and i was getting married) so you are in much better shape than i am.
I am applying to 44 programs this year. So i hope i will get lucky this time. I know you will get in somewhere. you have good stats.

Yah-E said:
:thumbup:

T: I am really pulling for you this time girl! 3rd time's the charm, they always say....

I'm not sure if OMFS programs apply the rolling admission philosophy in the sense that programs look at the completed applications as they roll in or do they look at all of them at the same period of time right after the program deadline? Do any of your current OMFS residents know?

I just want to get everything in and know that everyone has received it so I don't have to worry about missing or lost required documents. Waiting for interviews, that I can do. My god, I really don't know how many interview invites I'll get!

My class rank is low in comparison to majority of the OMFS applicants
My undergrad GPA blows

These two factors alone are enough to give me nightmares and gray hairs. Lets just hope that I earn at least 5 interviews! My ultimate wish is for 10 interviews, but I would be very happy if I at least get 5.

Right up front wit you all, I would be very shocked and surprised if I end up receiving an interview from the following applied programs: (mainly due to the two reasons listed above)

1) Case Western Reserve
2) Miami Jackson Memorial
3) LSU NO
4) UTSW Parkland
5) Michigan
6) Montefiore
7) Emory
8) UNC
9) Maryland
10) Nebraska

Out of my 20 applied programs, you see, I've already listed 10 programs above that I feel I may have a challenge in getting an interview! The remaining 10 programs, I'm not 100% confident, heck, I'm not even 80% confident, but at least feel much better about my chances. Alright, I'm not trying to pessemistic here, but simply sharing my feeling about my chances. Hey, I'm excited as hell to see how far my application will get me and am very proud of the achievements and credentials that I've accomplished/gathered. I guess we all have our doubts at one point or the other.

Bottom line, if I receive an interview from any of the above 10 programs, I will be celebrating like it's 1999!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah-E said:
You're not mistaken, that was me! I extracted the wrong tooth at NSU. It was good learning experience for me and believe me, I ALWAYS count my teeth now prior to a procedure. Thank god that the patient was the nicest lady to have in a situation/scenario like that. I extremely appreciated her attitude towards the whole fcuked up situation due to my stupor.

As far as you comment about "Let's just not do that again", what are you thinking? Do you think I like extracting the wrong tooth? Do you think it's a hobby of mine? C'mon kid! Of course, I'm going to do my best to "let's just not do that again"!

So, then again Yah-E, shouldn't you devulge all of the information?? WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF? Isn't it also true that this tooth was in the WRONG arch? Isn't it also true that you elevated an un-authorized flap before extracting the tooth? Wasn't this tooth a little more valuable... wasn't it supposed to be a distal abutment for a partial COMPETENCY EXAM for one of your colleagues?

Just in case you have never taken history in undergrad, just look at all of the leaders who have tried to invade Russia in the winter and failed. Remember, history tends to repeat itself.

So is this the reason why you are REALLY not applying to NSUCDM-OMFS??

Just curious.

ihaveasecret said:
So, then again Yah-E, shouldn't you devulge all of the information?? WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF? Isn't it also true that this tooth was in the WRONG arch? Isn't it also true that you elevated an un-authorized flap before extracting the tooth? Wasn't this tooth a little more valuable... wasn't it supposed to be a distal abutment for a partial COMPETENCY EXAM for one of your colleagues?

Just in case you have never taken history in undergrad, just look at all of the leaders who have tried to invade Russia in the winter and failed. Remember, history tends to repeat itself.

Just curious.
Don't know who you are, but you have your facts all wrong. First, I never elevated flaps for tooth #s 17 & 18. Even if I did, there's no need for authorizations since the Dr. Kaltman pretty much just let me do whatever I want to do. Secondly, you're right, it was a distal abutment for a RPD, but it was not a RPD competency case for my classmate like you mentioned.

Last correction, my reason for not applying to NSU OMFS was already discussed and this mistake of mine, extracting the wrong tooth is not the reason why I didn't apply there. Are you kidding me, why would I let something so minimal effect me and on my decisions on where to apply. NSU OMFS is a great program, but simply not for me.

Extracting the wrong tooth isn't the end of the world when you learn from it, the patient has forgiven you, and the chair of the department understood the situation, so I move on and will never dwell on it. I'll leave it to douche bags like you to throw a big fuss and exaggerate the whole scenario!

You see, people, stories always get out of hand and people enjoy exaggerations. Get your facts straight before you try to get people down. Elevate flaps for mandibular 1st and 2nd molars...are you kidding? You're right history do repeat itself, that explains why ******s like yourselves keep on trying to make this incident look worse than what it really was. Good try, but doesn't really affect me. Better yet, why don't you come and say it to my face next time.

shariq said:
Relax andy
i have similiar stats to you, applied to 6 programs last year and got interviews at four. Just impress that at the interviews. I did not have any externships when i applied since my school refused to give me time off. The only time i had was at the end of second year(and i was getting married) so you are in much better shape than i am.
I am applying to 44 programs this year. So i hope i will get lucky this time. I know you will get in somewhere. you have good stats.

Shariq: I wish you the best as well. 44 programs, huh? Wow.....
Like I said before, only time will tell. How are your applications going?

ihaveasecret said:

Just curious.

Well, guess what - I have a secret too. The secret is that you are a homo.

Yah-E said:
Are you kidding me, why would I let something so minimal effect me and on my decisions on where to apply. NSU OMFS is a great program, but simply not for me.

Extracting the wrong tooth isn't the end of the world when you learn from it, the patient has forgiven you, and the chair of the department understood the situation, so I move on and will never dwell on it

Huh? extracting the wrong tooth is "minimal"?, that's about the scariest thing I could think to hear from a hope-to be OS. What if someone made that minimal mistake on you? And you say you learned from this experience? Did you have to learn that causing irreversible iatrogenic harm to a patient is a bad thing? Did you have to learn that you should count teeth before extracting them? What the hell did you learn? I mean we all make mistakes, but trivializing them is pathetic. It may not the end of the world but its certainly not a minimal problem.

Yah-E said:
something so minimal (extracting the wrong tooth)........when you learn from it

Be happy that you were not placed on suspension by your faculty. Pulling the wrong tooth may seem trivial to you, but you just completely compromised the lady's chance of having a "stable" dentition. If you cant even pull the right tooth, it would be pretty hard for you to make a living off of pulling teeth.

Ah come on, quit busting his balls. Those damn molars all look alike anyway. Sure it's a big deal in dental school where we obsess about each 0.1 mm of dentin we remove, but comparatively it is minor. There are plenty of medical residents who will kill or debilitate their patients as a result of their mistakes.

It's easy to criticize someone until you find yourself in his shoes. It may not be extracting a tooth, but you can be sure we will all make some troubling error while in practice or school. I know you wouldn't want people talking trash when it's your turn. Frankly, you'd be lucky to have it happen in school when the patient can't sue you for your practice, house, phat porsche, and trophy wife. Oh, they will take your wife! If I make all my mistakes in dental school I'll be one lucky monkey.

Yah-E, I admire the fact that you haven't let it rock your confidence. I don't know if I would have been able to deal with it as well.

griffin04 said:
Believe me, I feel exactly the same way. As an unemployed dentist, I am contemplating getting a loan to pay for the application process. When I do get a job, I am only going to start working part time (like 3 days/week) b/c I will need the other weekdays days to chase my LOR writers and other people whose help/favors I need to finish my applications. Honestly, I am so consumed by specialty application process (and anxiety of I NEED TO GET IN THIS TIME), I don't even want to do general dentistry right now, or ever for that matter. Except that I have to or else I'll be evicted and out on the streets with GatorDMD.

Good job Andy for staying on top of things with your application. If it makes you feel any better, last year everything of mine reached PASS on the day of my first deadline (Sept. 1). In order to make sure the crap goes from PASS to the program deadlines that were real close (Sept. 15), PASS processes those programs first and sends it out by Express Mail/FedEx. Or that's what they told me on the phone. It's probably true, b/c I did get some interviews from some of those early deadline programs.

Of course, the year prior to that I got everything in real early and it really didn't make any difference except add to the stress of "now that all my stuff is sent, when will I hear from the programs?"

Good luck. I certainly hope this is it for you. Your dedication is definitely admirable.

Some ortho programs don't start looking at applications until after the deadline when all of the applicant files are sent to the Ortho department in bulk. I don't know how common this is though. I am still slowly sending out app's, but it's time consuming when you've got patients to treat and classes to take. Not to mention GRE. I'm hoping by the end of next week to have everything sent out.

Yah-E,

Your countdown is awesome... 206 days to Phase II. I think it's 160 days to Phase I. Is Phase I match day Nov 30th? Any remember for sure? Anyway, still a long way off with a lot happening in between.

its going slow kid. I just retook my boards to get a higher score. and i hope i did not make a mistake cause the exam was ******ed. It was tough studying for it since i had already started GPR residency, and its pretty intense. So i hope i got a great score.

Yah-E said:
Shariq: I wish you the best as well. 44 programs, huh? Wow.....
Like I said before, only time will tell. How are your applications going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah-E said:
I fcuking extracted the wrong tooth once. It's over. Didn't mean to, learned from it, and moving on. Now if you all freaks want to lecture, feel free.
Been there, done that. Me and another classmate were the only 2 guys to pull the wrong tooth in school. We were also the only 2 who got into oral surgery. Funny how things work...

Yah-E, did you mention in one of your posts that it is better to have your recommendations done by e-forms? Is the processing time much faster than the standard paper forms?

toofache32 said:
Been there, done that. Me and another classmate were the only 2 guys to pull the wrong tooth in school. We were also the only 2 who got into oral surgery. Funny how things work...

Appreciate the reassurance. Hopefully, I'll get the honor of joining the club.

squatch said:
Yah-E, did you mention in one of your posts that it is better to have your recommendations done by e-forms? Is the processing time much faster than the standard paper forms?

I don't believe that I ever said that eform is better than paper form or that the eform's processing time is any faster than the paper form. Bottom line is that if all your "required documents" aren't in to PASS, then even if you submitted all your "professional evaluations" via eform, your PASS application still will not be processed.

Besides, I strongly believe that whether it's eform or paperform, more often than not it's ultimately up to the evaluator how fast we get our application processed.

YAH--> good luck. You're gonna be an awesome OS. That ihaveasecret is a complete douche bag. He is one hell of an idiot for not even thinking that we haven't talked about this before. Old news! It's done! Friggin Idiot!

hey yah-e...sorry that sparked up some BS. I truly didn't mean for it to be that way (I should have pm you). Anyways, that was the only way that I knew you from NSU. It was the talk of the town up stairs on the third floor for a little while. When I saw the face here on SDN I had to make sure it was you. Anyways, I wish you good luck in all that you do. Sorry again.

Just talked to PASS people. They informed me that once they received everything (online application + all required documents), it takes about 3 business days to update their system. Once their system is updated, then it take upto 3 weeks to process your application and get it send to the programs!

3 WEEKS!!! Man, if I start with next Monday, July 18th as my starting point for everything being in at PASS, programs won't get my PASS application materials until around August 8th! :eek: For some OMFS programs, I just barely made their deadline!

Be sure you guys get everything in quick! It takes 3 weeks to process and send your application out to programs.

Yah-E said:
Just talked to PASS people. They informed me that once they received everything (online application + all required documents), it takes about 3 business days to update their system. Once their system is updated, then it take upto 3 weeks to process your application and get it send to the programs!

3 WEEKS!!! Man, if I start with next Monday, July 18th as my starting point for everything being in at PASS, programs won't get my PASS application materials until around August 8th! :eek: For some OMFS programs, I just barely made their deadline!

Be sure you guys get everything in quick! It takes 3 weeks to process and send your application out to programs.

Holy Isht!! i need to get crackin!! I am waiting on one LOR eform. :scared: :confused:

If it's anything like ortho PASS deadlines, there is a deadline everything must be into PASS, and then 2-3 wks later is a deadline everything from PASS must be into the program which allows time for PASS processing. Probably not much more comforting especially if there are any glitches with PASS.

Why you bumping my thread? I'm busy at Cook County in Chicago. It's a pretty cool program. It's one of those hush-hush programs where not many people hear about. I like it so far. I took call last night and I'm taking call again tomorrow night.

Write more later.

Yah-E said:
Why you bumping my thread? I'm busy at Cook County in Chicago. It's a pretty cool program. It's one of those hush-hush programs where not many people hear about. I like it so far. I took call last night and I'm taking call again tomorrow night.

Write more later.

i knew it would elicit a response.:D Cook County is nice huh? Well I am glad you are enjoying it. Drop the knowledge on us.

Hi all,
I'm doing my 2nd year DDS right now. At this stage I do not know anything for certain but am considering a residency in OMFS. I realize that only the top students are taken in but no harm in dreaming huh?
In this regard, what in your opinion is the prime factor that OMFS residency programs look for? Is it the school they graduate from (I'm at NYU), or the part-1 score or both part1 and 2 scores (must they be above 90? I got an 86 in my part 1). SHould I forget about OMFS because of my scores? Is it the GPA? What OMFS programs are am I more likely to get into? Do they look for research experience?? Are only OMFS programs at Dental schools accredited or is it the same as Hospital based OMFS residencies?
The bottom line- am I wasting time pondering this issue?
I'm sorry about all the basic questions, its just that I would like to stop dreaming right now if I know the truth so that I can focus my energy elsewhere.
Thanks guys. Any advise will be much appreciated.

bluearmy said:
Hi all,
I'm doing my 2nd year DDS right now. At this stage I do not know anything for certain but am considering a residency in OMFS. I realize that only the top students are taken in but no harm in dreaming huh?
In this regard, what in your opinion is the prime factor that OMFS residency programs look for? Is it the school they graduate from (I'm at NYU), or the part-1 score or both part1 and 2 scores (must they be above 90? I got an 86 in my part 1). SHould I forget about OMFS because of my scores? Is it the GPA? What OMFS programs are am I more likely to get into? Do they look for research experience?? Are only OMFS programs at Dental schools accredited or is it the same as Hospital based OMFS residencies?
I'm sorry about all the basic questions, its just that I would like to stop dreaming right now if I know the truth so that I can focus my energy elsewhere.

Great questions, but get off my thread. Your questions are not apart of my OMFS application journey. Can't wait to get off clinic so I can go home and sleep! I'm about to finish another a 36 hour shift. Got 2 hours of sleep last night (went to bed at 3:15 AM and woke up at 5:30 AM for rounds).

Yah-E said:
Great questions, but get off my thread. Your questions are not apart of my OMFS application journey. Can't wait to get off clinic so I can go home and sleep! I'm about to finish another a 36 hour shift. Got 2 hours of sleep last night (went to bed at 3:15 AM and woke up at 5:30 AM for rounds).

be nice to the kid man.
what is the deal on the externship update? come on man give us the goods.

bluearmy said:
Hi all,

If I was a residency director I'd rather have a cool guy on my team with a 86 than a tool with a 96. Unfortunately, there are probably quite a few cool guys who scored 96.

Yah-E said:
It's a good thing you're there working so hard. Without you the residents would probably be lost.

tx oms said:
It's a good thing you're there working so hard. Without you the residents would probably be lost.

Ya, I wish my hospital has an extern like that.

Doggie said:
Ya, I wish my hospital has an extern like that.
Are you implying that you don't want your externs to work hard?

Yah-E said:
Are you implying that you don't want your externs to work hard?

Actually, a hard working extern has nothing to do with the well being of the program.......nor an intern for that matter. Being an intern now just sucks.

Maybe we should all make our own threads, chronicling our different chosen paths. That way, we can tell anyone we don't like to get off OUR thread. Maybe I’ll start with “My journey to just get by and ride my bike a ****-ton.”

Yeah dude... You can only act like that *AFTER* you get into a program. ;)

YAH-E just doesn't want a bunch of spam in his thread.
It makes it alot easier for people to read, and for him to review at later dates that's all.

Respect the man and start your own thread for your own things. ;)

Whatever, must be an extern thing....you know working crazy hours and all...

back to the externship. How is Cook County brother?

Getting back to my application updates....I contacted ADEA on Friday and my PASS is now finally being processed. They have all my required documents and programs will receive my applications maybe next week if I'm lucky. Isn't that funny, I submitted my PASS online in early June and programs don't receive my actual application until mid-August! Crazy sh1t!

Let me share with you all a pretty cool oncall story.

This past Thursday night I took call, it was facial trauma night for our service. It was a 3rd year resident helping a 1st year resident, helping the 1st year resident in transition, and then me. We received a call around 7 PM from Fast Track ER about an infection/abscess case. After we arrived, we found a 37 yo aa female with a minor maxillary vestibular abscess caused by a gross carious tooth #3. It was no biggy, we prescribed antibiotics and told the woman to follow up in our clinic on Monday.

While we were examining this abscessed woman, one of the ER docs grabbed us and said he has this new patient who came in the ER for a minor burn on his forearm and he had noticed that this patient couldn't really open his mouth and he would like us to take a look since we were already there in the Fast Track ER. This patient was a 23 yo aa male, muscular is all hell, who decided to use boiled hot grease to burn his tattoo off of his forearm.

This patient had trismus with MIO about 10 mm, you can notice the facial swelling in the right submandibular and angle region just by looking at the dude. After looking intraorally, we noted the uvula was grossly deviated to the left. The patient complaint about having sore throat and a slight change in his voice. After our examination, this patient was diagnosed with a large pterygoid and lateral pharyngeal space infection and require to be operated immediately in the OR.

This patient was very noncomplaint and was swearing up a storm saying sh1t like, **** this and **** that, I don't want surgery and I rather die at home. Just a fcuking huge baby. He was crying and everything. We requested an ENT consult to scope his airway by nasalpharyngeal scoping and this patient practically broke down balling like a little girl. He did not want anything to go down and through his nose.

ENT finally was able to scope this patient and confirmed our diagnoses. By this time, it was already 9 PM, after admitting the patient and scheduled the OR time, we went into the OR around 10 PM and operated until midnight. We found the offending tooth, it was #32 that was causing the infection and extracted the tooth with I&D. Pinrose drains were placed.

Bottom line is that this patient who we initally thought was nothing and who came to the ER for his forearm burn, end up in the OR because he almost could've died because his lateral pharyngeal space was compromised! This patient was very entertaining because of his vocal vocabulary choices and how he cried for his mama the whole time. He literately was calling for his mama balling! This 23 yo muscular man!

Last night was one of my boys 30th birthday celebration party. We went to this upscaled lounge in Chicago call Funky Buddha Lounge and had 2 huge VIP sections reserved. It was a crazy freaking night! We went there around 10 PM and left around 4 AM. We started with 4 bottles of Cristol at $500/bottle and 10 other various bottles of hard liquor. My buddy's coworker paid for all the champaigne while we all pitched in for the 10 bottles of hard liquor.

My boy and his coworkers all work at the Chicago board of trades trading stocks and pulls in all this fcuking cash, this was my first time tasting Cris. To be honest with you, Cristol tastes the same with any other cheap champaigne that I've ever tasted. I couldn't tell the difference, but it was cool to say, "yeah, we had Cristol last night"! That wasn't even the highlight! My highlight was meeting this amazing sexy beautiful blonde who I met through a friend. She owns her own company designing lingerie and we talked the whole night. I asked her for a date after we've flirted and talked for ever and since I'll be here in Chi-town for another 2 weeks and she said yes!! :love: ****, you guys, I wish I could show you a picture of her, she is so damn gorgeous and cute. I'm pretty excited to see her again. Last night was pretty crazy! we had about 50 people in our party and the lounge was packed! I about sh1t my pants when we got our bill at $3500!

I'll keep you updated on my date with this blonde hotty. Our date is sometime next week and she wanted me to call her so we can flirt some more and plan our date. I'm really excited to see her again. Tonight, I'm taking call again with a 2nd year and a 1st year, hopefully I'll get to see more action! Stayed tuned because there's alway sh1t going on boy!

yeah boy!!!!!! show them how the FLA boys do it! just be careful with chicks in pretentious towns like chicago... make sure she aint a dude and dont forget your hat. I met a guy like the big baby in your story while in Louisiana. He was a prisoner like 6'6" and had a darthvader like voice. I bust out the needle... Niagara falls and calling for mamma! A huge muscle bound prisoner scared of the dentist and his needle but not getting a shank to the gut. Anyways thanks for the update. I guess if you hook up with blondie I dont have to worry about your competition elsewhere cause you will prob rank them #1. :idea:

GatorDMD said:
yeah boy!!!!!! show them how the FLA boys do it! just be careful with chicks in pretentious towns like chicago... make sure she aint a dude and dont forget your hat. I met a guy like the big baby in your story while in Louisiana. He was a prisoner like 6'6" and had a darthvader like voice. I bust out the needle... Niagara falls and calling for mamma! A huge muscle bound prisoner scared of the dentist and his needle but not getting a shank to the gut. Anyways thanks for the update. I guess if you hook up with blondie I dont have to worry about your competition elsewhere cause you will prob rank them #1. :idea:
W: Believe you and me, my little hot blondie ain't no dude! I'm pretty excited about her, we talked for like 4 hours last night at the party. You and I won't be competing with one another. I don't even think we're applying to the same residencies, are we? Even if we did apply to some of the same residency, your numbers are much better than mine!

Hey, I read about your thread about application submission question. I wouldn't worry about not having the match code. Just call it in when you do have them. I recommed you to submit your application ASAP, it can take ADEA up to 3 weeks to process our apps! Get it in now!

Yah-E said:
Last night was one of my boys 30th birthday celebration party. We went to this upscaled lounge in Chicago call Funky Buddha Lounge and had 2 huge VIP sections reserved. It was a crazy freaking night! We went there around 10 PM and left around 4 AM. We started with 4 bottles of Cristol at $500/bottle and 10 other various bottles of hard liquor. My buddy's coworker paid for all the champaigne while we all pitched in for the 10 bottles of hard liquor.

My boy and his coworkers all work at the Chicago board of trades trading stocks and pulls in all this fcuking cash, this was my first time tasting Cris. To be honest with you, Cristol tastes the same with any other cheap champaigne that I've ever tasted. I couldn't tell the difference, but it was cool to say, "yeah, we had Cristol last night"! That wasn't even the highlight! My highlight was meeting this amazing sexy beautiful blonde who I met through a friend. She owns her own company designing lingerie and we talked the whole night. I asked her for a date after we've flirted and talked for ever and since I'll be here in Chi-town for another 2 weeks and she said yes!! :love: ****, you guys, I wish I could show you a picture of her, she is so damn gorgeous and cute. I'm pretty excited to see her again. Last night was pretty crazy! we had about 50 people in our party and the lounge was packed! I about sh1t my pants when we got our bill at $3500!

I'll keep you updated on my date with this blonde hotty. Our date is sometime next week and she wanted me to call her so we can flirt some more and plan our date. I'm really excited to see her again. Tonight, I'm taking call again with a 2nd year and a 1st year, hopefully I'll get to see more action! Stayed tuned because there's alway sh1t going on boy!

You piss and moan about other people getting off topic on "your" thread, and then you post this BS about some club you went to and some chick you met??? What does this have to do with "My OMFS Residency Application Journey?" I smell a huge hypocrite, but maybe I should start my own thread to vent this.

LSR1979 said:
You piss and moan about other people getting off topic on "your" thread, and then you post this BS about some club you went to and some chick you met??? What does this have to do with "My OMFS Residency Application Journey?" I smell a huge hypocrite, but maybe I should start my own thread to vent this.

his post started out talking about his on call experience and how he is enjoying the town the residency is in. chill out. it is his journey.

LSR1979 said:

You make me laugh!

Funky buddah is lame. I'm done reading this thread.

if possible, can you please post your masturbation schedule and means of stimulation while you are at your externship.

thank you and GOD BLESS

DcS said:
if possible, can you please post your masturbation schedule and means of stimulation while you are at your externship.

thank you and GOD BLESS

I honestly dont care about any of the journeys or "official" anything that Yah-E posts.....but I like reading them to see wonderful comments like this. Keep em coming! :smuggrin:

ItsGavinC said:
Quite a few, or quite few?
Read it again. He was saying that unfortunatley for those with the 86 score with a cool personality, there are plenty of guys with a 96 that have that same thing.

I think that is what was meant. :confused:

Yah-E said:
This past Thursday night I took call, it was facial trauma night for our service. It was a 3rd year resident helping a 1st year resident, helping the 1st year resident in transition, and then me. We received a call around 7 PM from Fast Track ER about an infection/abscess case. After we arrived, we found a 37 yo aa female with a minor maxillary vestibular abscess caused by a gross carious tooth #3. It was no biggy, we prescribed antibiotics and told the woman to follow up in our clinic on Monday.
That's an example of bad management
Yah-E said:
ENT finally was able to scope this patient and confirmed our diagnoses. By this time, it was already 9 PM, after admitting the patient and scheduled the OR time, we went into the OR around 10 PM and operated until midnight. We found the offending tooth, it was #32 that was causing the infection and extracted the tooth with I&D. Pinrose drains were placed.
First, it's lateral pharyngeal space, not laryngeal. Second, why did it take two hours to pull a tooth and drain some pus? Did they let you do it or something?