My first C, and in biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DReject

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so frustrated; I studied so hard and I'm gonna end up with a C in biochemistry.
I know med schools look at the overall application, and my gpa is really good. I don't think that the C will hurt that much, but with senioritis kicking in, my confidence is pretty low now.

Anyone else frustrated or upset with grades.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DReject
I am so frustrated; I studied so hard and I'm gonna end up with a C in biochemistry.
I know med schools look at the overall application, and my gpa is really good. I don't think that the C will hurt that much, but with senioritis kicking in, my confidence is pretty low now.

Anyone else frustrated or upset with grades.

Thanks.

Unless the C is part of the trend, I don't think it'll matter much at all. If you've already applied, then you probably don't even need to let them know of your grades. If you're applying next year, then you still have a chance to prove yourself next semester in other upper level classes, or biochem 2, if it's offered as a full year course.

Senioritis is killing me. I've got a strong gpa, and I've already applied, but if I need to reapply I've got to keep it up. I'm too tired to do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am in a permanent state of frustration with my grades :)
don't worry about your C, i'm sure it won't hurt you!

Yep, Senior year is really draining my energy for some reason. I had a feeling that something like this might happen, so I took half of my GE courses during my first year (freshman), and half right now (Senior). I can pretty much cruise on brainless mode, and it has little to no impact on my grades. :cool:

Hi,

Don't worry to much about the C. Lots of people don't even take biochem so it can show inititive on your part that you took it.

I know all about senioritis. I had it and stupidly saved the hardest class my school offered with the toughest prof for the spring of my senior year. I thought I wasn't going to graduate all because of this 5 credit Embryology class with a 4 hour per week lab. Some how I got a B but only just barely.

Chin up, grind your way through and remember you are almost done and all your hard work is going to pay off soon!!!!

I should know this but it's late and I don't feel like looking it up. So schools don't normally ask for your fall semester grades, even if you are a August MCATer and they have time to consider them? I think Pitt said they want them, if I remember correctly in my sleep-deprived haze, but I guess I don't remember any specific info on the other schools I'm applying to. Argh back to work, better try to do well anyway. :(

i got a C- in biochem and i'm now a first year med student, so i'm sure you'll be okay.

one C??

haha i have many more and i got into med school. so dont worry about it too much.

but the one i got in biochem could have been avoided if the prof was nice and let me take the test when i was dying of illness...but since we cant expect that from profs...oh well.

:D

My school is actually suggesting that we send our fall semester grades to all the schools we've applied to...I don't want to do this because as others have mentioned before senioritis has definitely kicked in a little early....I think the main thing is to stay in communication with the school whether its through letters, more recs, grades etc.

who cares? i have lots of C's

HAHA!!! I beat you. I got a C-. Don't worry...it's not my only C either.

i slacked off. got a D in biochem.

retook it. slacked off again. and got a C.
woopy

only problem is...... I haven't heard from any med schools yet :laugh:

I got a B in biochem with weeks and weeks of studying and I am still upset.

:-(

hello there,

i'll add my name to this list....i got a B-
screwed my gpa to the depths of hell

ah well,

happy holidays to all :)

I got an A in Biochem I, but I took Biochem II before I last year and got a B. Very disappointing because I only needed like a 68 for an A, didn't study very much because I thought i could pull it off, but the final was a killer. Got like a 64, no curve, and a B. YIKES!

I had a C plus in one semester of general bio, a C in calculus and a C in sociology! (lol) and no med schools seem to care yet... Just move on and get A's in a few more classes than usual to make up for them.

College classes are curved...so it sucks when you're taking a class with 99 geniuses in a class of 100.

Nevertheless you have taken biochem and it'll be easier when you take it again in med school