My Chances of getting into Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotChristy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am about to be a junior in college majoring in Chemistry. This past semester I failed organic chemistry 2 and I feel like my life is about to be in shambles. I will not be applying for pharm school until my senior year. I volunteer a lot and work 2 jobs during the semester. I recently also got an eboard position on campus. My cumulative should be around a 2.7 right now. What are my chances and what can I do to better my chances? Thank you!

Pre req stats so far:
Gen chem 1: B- lecture, B lab
Gen chem 2: C+ lecture, B lab
Organic chem 1 (lab& lecture 1 course): C
A&P 1: B lecture, C lab
Physics 1: B
Statistics: B
Calc 1: B

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am about to be a junior in college majoring in Chemistry. This past semester I failed organic chemistry 2 and I feel like my life is about to be in shambles. I will not be applying for pharm school until my senior year. I volunteer a lot and work 2 jobs during the semester. I recently also got an eboard position on campus. My cumulative should be around a 2.7 right now. What are my chances and what can I do to better my chances? Thank you!

Pre req stats so far:

If you retake O-Chem 2 & get at least a C, and get at least a C in all of your other remaining pre-reqs, I predict that you have a 90% chance of getting into pharmacy school somewhere.

If you don't do all of the above, then you have a 0% chance.

Reactions: 1 user

Pre req stats so far:

Stop working 2 jobs and volunteering. Consolidate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake orgo 2 and try to bring your science gpa to a 3.0. Start prepping for the PCAT and score at least in the 70s. If you do that, you can get in most schools.

so what if I have to work the two jobs to make ends meet during my semester? did you think of that ?

You will not be able to afford pharmacy school, and will likely fail out. I saved your life, but no need to thank me.

You will not be able to afford pharmacy school, and will likely fail out. I saved your life, but no need to thank me.
Actually I won't fail out. And I will afford it. But thank you for making want to push harder to prove people like you wrong. Have a blessed one and get off my thread

Actually I won't fail out. And I will afford it. But thank you for making want to push harder to prove people like you wrong. Have a blessed one and get off my thread

You are already failing as you admitted in your original post. And if you can afford it, why did you harass me earlier telling me you were barely getting by and had to work 2 jobs? But I am glad that I was able to motivate you to achieve your goals, despite you being misguided. After all, you proved me right. Stay healthy!

Reactions: 2 users
so what if I have to work the two jobs to make ends meet during my semester? did you think of that ?
Omg... Amicable Angora is right.
First of all,you get to the interview you won't talk to them like that and they don't care how many jobs you need to have to survive.
Second, they will "judge" you mostly by your chemistry grades, especially organic chemistry, which you are failing. Doesn't matter that in pharmacy schooo won't be so much chemistry.

Reactions: 1 users
Omg... Amicable Angora is right.
First of all,you get to the interview you won't talk to them like that and they don't care how many jobs you need to have to survive.
Second, they will "judge" you mostly by your chemistry grades, especially organic chemistry, which you are failing. Doesn't matter that in pharmacy schooo won't be so much chemistry.

I am a professional person. My thing is the way Angora replied was not a respectful way. That's why I replied the way I did. I don't need the two jobs to survive, and I'm not poor without the jobs. I literally meant what I said, I worked the two jobs to make ends meet. As in one is a work study job & one is a regular job. I am a chemistry major, and I have 2 years to improve in college. I am not a failure I just had a difficult semester. This semester does not define me as person.

As people who has been there, you would think you would encourage those who want to get there as the first two people who replied not try to tear them down by being negative if this is what they want.

As people who has been there, you would think you would encourage those who want to get there as the first two people who replied not try to tear them down by being negative if this is what they want.
good luck!

The only thing pharmacy schools will judge you is whether you qualify for $200k+ in student loans. GPA, PCAT, and work experience no longer really matter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Second year pharmacy student here from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. First of all, don't give up. I was in your position once when I received C's in both Organic Chem I and II, and doubted my acceptance to pharmacy school. Retake the course and make it your best priority to do well (a B or an A would look spectacular.) Study hard for the PCAT. Generally, pharmacy schools focus on the math, bio, and chem sections and I scored above 90 percentiles in the sciences which I think helped a lot. Hope this helps, @NotChristy!

Reactions: 1 users
Second year pharmacy student here from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. First of all, don't give up. I was in your position once when I received C's in both Organic Chem I and II, and doubted my acceptance to pharmacy school. Retake the course and make it your best priority to do well (a B or an A would look spectacular.) Study hard for the PCAT. Generally, pharmacy schools focus on the math, bio, and chem sections and I scored above 90 percentiles in the sciences which I think helped a lot. Hope this helps, @NotChristy!
Thank you!!! It did, it gives me some hope❤️

I know several people who couldn't get into med school (poor gpa or mcat) and just slid into pharm school.....I took the MCAT and looked at the PCAT its really not that hard as long as you have the 3.0 you should be fine....Good Luck