My california old licensure process, can I continue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sartala

Reaction score
Passed national board 1,2: 2001,2002
Restorative technique at USC 2008
WREB at LLU 2009
recieved a letter from the dental board: you have completed all dental license requirements except a social security number.
Kept working as a dentist abroad USA..never applied for license.
Now I want to practice dentistry in California..
do I have to redo any exam?
if I found a sponsor for my H1b visa, can I use that old letter?
Please please guide me

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should present your case directly to the California Dental State Board and see if you only need to take the regional examination. Many regulations have changed and I definitely think that they are the only ones that can tell you if you meet all the requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, once you pass both boards you don’t have to take them again.
You could find a lawyer but I think you could give them a call first to see if you really need one in the first place.

Reactions: 1 user
What about the Restorative technique exam (RT) bench test, is it still valid??
I don’t have a confirmation of that passed.. just a letter sent from dbc to be able to give the WREB..
the dental board is not that responsive!

If you already decided which state you plan to practice, then you can check the requirements for licensure and see if you have what they require. That way it would be easier to know what are you missing.

Is anyone aware of the Restorative Technique exam ( the bench test ) in state of California, I passed it in 2008..
Is it still valid?? The WREB expires in 5 years what about the bench test??