Multiple LOR from the same clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hapa808

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Like almost everyone, I'm going through a long drought in terms of getting shadowing hours. As a result, I am getting more and more concerned about my LORs for when I apply this year.

I have been fortunate enough to get in nearly 100 patient hours in a pediatric setting since the pandemic started. Would it be weird if I ask two PTs there for a LOR? I have other options but it has been a long time since I shadowed in the other clinics so I am worried they would have difficulty writing a strong letter of rec.

TL;DR Would it look weird to have two LOR from the same clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise you to look at other options first. Schools probably want to see some diversity in your LORs to get an idea of how you are in different settings/environments. If you really have no other options, then go for a letter from both of them. For example, I had letters from 2 different professors, a PT, and my research advisor.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s different for everyone. Me and my friend got 2 LOR from 2 PTs from the same clinic and we both got into every school we applied to (obviously other things matter but the LOR obviously wasn’t a factor. Especially with Covid it may not be possible to be in multiple locations in order to get LOR from different clinics). I also wrote about my inability to be in different clinics in the Covid essay

Reactions: 1 user