MS4 Overseas Clerkship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stiz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good places overseas to do an OB/GYN MS4 clerkship/elective?

Preferably with a lot of hands on experience with deliveries...c-sections, etc...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know of any good places overseas to do an OB/GYN MS4 clerkship/elective?

Preferably with a lot of hands on experience with deliveries...c-sections, etc...

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why an overseas clerkship? Is there an experience overseas that you cannot find here?

There are tons of programs here (I'm assuming you are in the US) with lots of hands on experience with deliveries, C-sections, gyn surgeries etc so you don't have to go overseas to get those kinds of experiences...well, except you have other primary reason(s) for wanting to go overseas.

I might like to do one in near future to get a better understanding of the challenges of ob/gyns practicing in resource poor settings. I think it's an important step for someone who is considering a career in "global health" in any capacity.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might like to do one in near future to get a better understanding of the challenges of ob/gyns practicing in resource poor settings. I think it's an important step for someone who is considering a career in "global health" in any capacity.

True...but there is nothing in the original post that suggests this is the OPs primary goal. If anything, it seems the OP is more interested in gaining "lot of hands on experience with deliveries...c-sections, "

True...but there is nothing in the original post that suggests this is the OPs primary goal. If anything, it seems the OP is more interested in gaining "lot of hands on experience with deliveries...c-sections, "

Very true.