MS in Biostatistics with non-math major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm interested in pursuing an MS in Biostatistics (and possibly continuing on to do a PhD). However, I'm not a math or engineering major. I'll graduate with a BA in Cognitive Science with a ~3.6 GPA. I've taken two computer science course as part of my degree, as well as Calculus through multivariable, linear algebra, and a lot of statistics/research methods as part of the psychology portion of my cognitive science degree. Would I be an eligible candidate for a top-tier MS in Biostatistics? Is it mostly contingent on my quant GRE score at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I'm interested in pursuing an MS in Biostatistics (and possibly continuing on to do a PhD). However, I'm not a math or engineering major. I'll graduate with a BA in Cognitive Science with a ~3.6 GPA. I've taken two computer science course as part of my degree, as well as Calculus through multivariable, linear algebra, and a lot of statistics/research methods as part of the psychology portion of my cognitive science degree. Would I be an eligible candidate for a top-tier MS in Biostatistics? Is it mostly contingent on my quant GRE score at this point?

I'm still waiting on a decision from Hopkins Sc.M Biostatistics program. If I am accepted, I'll be sure to share my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting on a decision from Hopkins Sc.M Biostatistics program. If I am accepted, I'll be sure to share my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks so much - I really appreciate it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your. What degree are you applying with?