MPH and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Challenge

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to hear some thoughts and advise from you all elegant smart aspiring medical folks.
I'm trying to go to school for MPH. Eventually, I'm going to apply med school next year for my 2nd goal. School of Public Health accept MCAT score as well.
So, I thought it's much better to take MCAT than GRE for MPH program. By the way, I haven't really had practice exam because I've been trying to understand the science materials and to review what I've learned in the past since January.
But I'll be finish reviewing it this month and start having practice exams until the exam day on Aug. If I study approx. 5 hours a day(weekdays) and 9 hours/ day(weekend)and do more than 20 practice exams do you think I'll get at least 30 on MCAT?
I know this is really stupid question.
I have low GPA (2.8) and English is my 2nd language.(Not good in vocab. and read much slower) My post-bacc GPA so far is 4.0 though. Anybody who went to graduate school of Public Health? I heard it's also very competitive. If I really work hard, for the next 4 months like I planned, is it possible I would make really high score on MCAT? What are my chances to accept in MPH program?

Members don't see this ad.