Mph Admission Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synapse123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I applied at ST.LOUIS UNIVERSITY , MO - for 1 year MPH
Got a call for the interview, and they say they will let me know after the interview if I got accepted or rejected.
Can anyone tell me how should I prepare for the interview ??? any suggestions.

UNIVERSITY - ST LOUIS
PROGRAM - EPI
BACHELORS IN MEDICAL FIELD

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

synapse123 said:
Hi,
I applied at ST.LOUIS UNIVERSITY , MO - for 1 year MPH
Got a call for the interview, and they say they will let me know after the interview if I got accepted or rejected.
Can anyone tell me how should I prepare for the interview ??? any suggestions.

UNIVERSITY - ST LOUIS
PROGRAM - EPI
BACHELORS IN MEDICAL FIELD

Thanks

Do you know who the interview is with? Is it with Bernie Becker (sp?) If so he's a really nice guy, don't sweat it at all.

I don't think SLU mph is all that competitive to get into, just be yourself, know reasons why you are interested in public health, why SLU, and I'd guess you'd be fine. DISCLAIMER: i didn't interview, so take that for what it is.

PS- if you're not familiar with Jesuits and the Jesuit mission, read up on it!!! As SLU is a jesuit school, they eat that stuff up.

I will read about it, but the interview is with one of their professors and they say that interview is not a guarentee that I will get the admission. Thats the reason I want to know how and what to prepare .
You said ou did`nt interview? may I know why? or is that a new admission policy or they are undecided about me??

Regards

synapse123 said:
I will read about it, but the interview is with one of their professors and they say that interview is not a guarentee that I will get the admission. Thats the reason I want to know how and what to prepare .
You said ou did`nt interview? may I know why? or is that a new admission policy or they are undecided about me??

Regards

I'm not sure exactly, although it could differ depending on major (i applied for health/policy admin). I'll tell you what my situation was with them. The funny thing is, I actually only submitted HALF of the application and required materials. Over the next few days I found out I got into both Columbia and Emory, so I never bothered to complete the rest of the application. Later on in June, I got a call from the admissions director asking me if I was still planning on doing MPH and that they were giving me admission if I'd consider coming there still. By the way, i scored pretty average on the GRE so its not like I am even pretending to be a better applicant than you or anyone else here.

I don't know if it was because I did my undergrad there and had home-turf advantage or what? Hope that helps you any. Although you should probably realize that interviews are generally never a guarantee of acceptance for any type of school or job. As I said, do the things you would do for any interview. Read up on the school, the program, etc. Keep in mind that if they are interviewing you, it means they are seriously considering you and you have a chance. Most importantly RELAX. No one really has a huge chip on their shoulder like you'd find at med school interviews.

PM me for my IM or email address if you have any questions about SLU or St. Louis or if you want to know my stats to compare with. Good luck!