General Admissions & OTCAS MOT pre req GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cassie.lynn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I will be applying in the 2019-2020 cycle and was wondering about the pre req gpa. My pre req GPA is slightly lower then my average GPA, I believe the pre req is somewhere around a 3.6. I am worried that this is too low and was wondering what others think/what their pre req GPA was and if they got in. I know it is based on more then just that but I'm sure that is a big part. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly your 3.6 prereq GPA is not bad at all - have a look at the Acceptance thread pinned to the top of this forum and you will see several people with similar stats who got into a number of their choices. It may be an issue for the most competitive schools but you should have good options if you apply to match programs. If you have one or two low prereq grades dragging it down it may be worth a retake but otherwise focus on other areas of your application like shadowing and GRE to make you a stronger candidate. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user