moonlighting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryalmond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know of a moonlighting job board; it seems like residents get these positions only by word of mouth ; also is there some kind of temp agency that can find you moonlighting jobs
I would really like to make some extra cash but I can't seem to find where all this moonlighting is
thanx

Members don't see this ad.

What city are you in?

A lot of it is word of mouth.

Make some cold-calls to clinics or hospitals, and ask if they need moonlighters. Hospitals often do in the ER.

Sometimes locumtenens has spots. I get calls from them sometimes to cover a clinic for a couple months, or work on weekends and whatnot.

Also ask your program director or attendings if they have side-jobs. I got one moonlighting job that way. Our residency keeps a moonlighting/job bank. Yours might also.

What city are you in?

A lot of it is word of mouth.

Make some cold-calls to clinics or hospitals, and ask if they need moonlighters. Hospitals often do in the ER.

Sometimes locumtenens has spots. I get calls from them sometimes to cover a clinic for a couple months, or work on weekends and whatnot.

Also ask your program director or attendings if they have side-jobs. I got one moonlighting job that way. Our residency keeps a moonlighting/job bank. Yours might also.

Is moonlighting for psych residents usually doing psychiatry or doing general medicine stuff?