This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Checked my portal just now - got an invite to interview!! Now lowkey panicking bc I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet and idk when I’m supposed to go!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Checked my portal just now - got an invite to interview!! Now lowkey panicking bc I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet and idk when I’m supposed to go!!

I’m guessing this is for the Jan 5 interview. I might give up my interview, because flights are almost $1k from where I’m at to there

• Sad
My portal updated to “Invited to Interview”. How sure are we that this is for the Jan 5 date? I need to ask for time off at work to fly to Mississippi and the sooner the better😩

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked flights and they are $2,500 from my location…

Edit: that was arriving at GTR airport. Just looked for flights to JAN airport and they are much cheaper though 100 miles from the school. Has anyone flown to JAN and how did you travel on land to the school afterwards?

Last edited:
Just checked flights and they are $2,500 from my location…

Edit: that was arriving at GTR airport. Just looked for flights to JAN airport and they are much cheaper though 100 miles from the school. Has anyone flown to JAN and how did you travel on land to the school afterwards?
I flew into MEM and rented a car and drove the 2.5 hours.. also not cheap :\

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 08.32.32.png

Well. That's a letter making an unnecessary journey abroad...
OOS interview Invite for Jan 5th. If anyone is traveling from the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area please reach out!!!

Does anyone know what time the interview day will end? Is it a full day event or can I expect it to end at a certain time?

Does anyone know what time the interview day will end? Is it a full day event or can I expect it to end at a certain time?
Interview check-in begins at 7:30am, and the last available timeslot to interview is 3:25pm. You can pick which timeslot you would prefer upon interview registration.

Interview check-in begins at 7:30am, and the last available timeslot to interview is 3:25pm. You can pick which timeslot you would prefer upon interview registration.

Thank you! Trying to see if I can fly back home right after haha

Has anyone gotten an IS interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
My application still says it’s waiting for a LOR that never submitted, but I have the required ones. Anyone else have this issue?

For those running into cost issues for flights: Try flying into Jackson, Memphis, or Birmingham. We flew into Birmingham and out of Jackson because that was cheapest. Also if making it isn't financially feasible for you, reach out to admissions and ask if you can participate virtually. The worst thing they can say is no, but if you don't attend at all it's a no anyways.

Out-of-staters traveling to campus: has anyone found a place to spend the night and want a roommate? Happy to split the cost with you! :) :)

Are we able to leave immediately after our interview? I’m a little anxious because my flight is in Memphis after it, so I’m in a bit of a time crunch to get out of there asap. Thanks!

Is anybody interviewing on the 5th?? Are you guys excited/nervous? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself ((it’s my first interview)) but i’m super excited for the pizza party!

Are we able to leave immediately after our interview? I’m a little anxious because my flight is in Memphis after it, so I’m in a bit of a time crunch to get out of there asap. Thanks!
Yes! I left right after mine

Is anybody interviewing on the 5th?? Are you guys excited/nervous? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself ((it’s my first interview)) but i’m super excited for the pizza party!

I’ll be there, and I’m pretty excited for it! You’ll be fine, just prep answers! Not sure if I’ll make it to the pizza party :(

I am! I am nervous too, but I’m more excited to talk about my love of vet med! Good luck! 🫶

Anyone else NOT heard anything yet? No email, nothing in the mail and the portal says my application is still under review

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else NOT heard anything yet? No email, nothing in the mail and the portal says my application is still under review
There’s still time to hear back. All applicants will hear back by Feb 25th.

I thought they said in an updated email that interview invites end the week of Jan. 8th
The last interview date is 2/18 so I imagine the last round of invites would be sent out around 2/4

Same! They said to reach out by mid January if you still haven’t heard, so planning on doing that if I still haven’t heard.

Good luck at the interview everyone!

• Care
Did anybody catch when we’re supposed to hear back after interviews?