This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First time MSU applicant (OOS), third time applicant overall. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
First time OOS applicant, been under Application Review since Oct. 3!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I'm currently a first year student at Mississippi State. If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to reach out!!

It sounds like in previous cycles people heard back as early as September regarding interviews, is that not the case this cycle?

It sounds like in previous cycles people heard back as early as September regarding interviews, is that not the case this cycle?
I spoke to an admissions officer and he said it's kinda like a rolling admissions. 2 people have to read through your app before they contact you and it just depends where you are on the pile. Don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet (i haven't) he said they will send invites through Dec.

From looking at the last cycle's forum, it looks like they send out interview invites around 3 weeks before each interview date.

Reactions: 2 users
The first interview date is in less than 3 weeks. Shouldn’t we should expect the first invites to come out already?

The first interview date is in less than 3 weeks. Shouldn’t we should expect the first invites to come out already?
Maybe the first interview dates are for IS students only?

last year they did oos student earlier and then instate and contract last… not sure if they will do that again or not

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your snail mail!!! I just got my OOS interview invite!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did you also get an email or no? did your portal update?
No email yet, the invitation said info would be coming soon in email. I will check my portal and let you know!

oh thank you😅 i guess that explains why we hadn’t heard anything for the first interview date yet

Also just received my OOS interview invitation. I am genuinely so stunned and excited ❤️❤️❤️ they sent it to my permanent address and not my mailing address.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also just received my OOS interview invitation. I am genuinely so stunned and excited they sent it to my permanent address and not my mailing address.

Congratulations!!!! Did they update your portal?

• Care
I get all of my mail sent to my parents house and it just so happens that they are visiting me this weekend with no one checking the mail 😂 I love these mind games

• Care
Did anyone who received a snail mail interview invite have their portal status change?

Did anyone who received a snail mail interview invite have their portal status change?
Mine still shows application review. I haven't received the follow up email yet either though.

Does anyone know in past cycles how long it took to get the follow up e-mail? I'm nervous because their first interview date is the same date as TAMU's interview.

Does anyone know in past cycles how long it took to get the follow up e-mail? I'm nervous because their first interview date is the same date as TAMU's interview.
Last year I got the email before I got the snail mail.

i wonder when they will announce who has the first date bc its come up really soon

I’m assuming that since we’re the first wave of invites we will be the first interview date on the 15th. But i’m really hoping that they send the email soon because i need to request off work and book flights and a hotel

has anyone spoken to the admissions office recently about interviews

I’m assuming that since we’re the first wave of invites we will be the first interview date on the 15th. But i’m really hoping that they send the email soon because i need to request off work and book flights and a hotel
That makes me so nervous, I wonder if they would allow me to do another date due to the conflict with TAMU... I know they said we wouldn't be able to pick or change our dates though.

Just got my email saying I've been selected for the December 15th interview! Would love to meet any of you all there :)

Reactions: 5 users