Mississippi College Masters One Year??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything? I apply over a month ago and no word yet.

Sent from my PG06100 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything? I apply over a month ago and no word yet.

Just spoke with someone at MC. My application was complete including the grade sheet at the beginning of April. Ms. DePriest said that they expect to have an admissions decision for me by the end of next week since the spring semester ends this week.

She email me and told me I should hear soemething by the end of this week or next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email and a MC adviser called me on asking me if I send in a test score. When I asked about the percent of acceptances and everything they said most ppl who apply are out staters, the turnaround is low and each applicant should know within a week or two if they are accepted. The advisor seemed really nice and helpful.

I received an email acceptance from MS college and my formal acceptance the following week.

Is there any one that is taking this program or have taken it in the past that could possibly give an unbiased, realistic viewpoint on what it will take to be successful and what way is it best to schedule your courses?

Also, I got awarded my financial aid for the year, but will I need private loan aid to cover the cost of living? What are some places in Clinton that is "safe"?

When did you get accepted?

I got accepted the end of April. I cant remember when I sent in the app though, I believe March and filled out the grade sheet

Thanks! I just got the e-mail. I got in!

I received an email acceptance from MS college and my formal acceptance the following week.

Is there any one that is taking this program or have taken it in the past that could possibly give an unbiased, realistic viewpoint on what it will take to be successful and what way is it best to schedule your courses?

Also, I got awarded my financial aid for the year, but will I need private loan aid to cover the cost of living? What are some places in Clinton that is "safe"?
Does anyone have any insight into my questions?

@Tech2med, congratulations! Are you enrolling summer or Fall?

Also, how is it possible,to complete the program within fall 2012 , spring 2013, summer 2013 when 90% of medical, schools start in July 2013?? Wouldn't we still be in class?

Last edited:
If anyone have any insight that would be great. I am still waiting to hear from one more program which I should hear something by the end of the week. If I do attend I would start in the Fall. I am assuming you can do fall, spring, may term, and maybe summer 1 if needed.

So are you sure you will be attending?

If anyone have any insight that would be great. I am still waiting to hear from one more program which I should hear something by the end of the week. If I do attend I would start in the Fall. I am assuming you can do fall, spring, may term, and maybe summer 1 if needed.

So are you sure you will be attending?

I am almost positive I will be attending. I applied to Willliam Carey MBS program where you take actual medical courses along with medical students at William Carey, unfortunately I did not meet their GRE or MCAT minimum. Yea, I really want to apply this year to med so I am trying to see how possible it will be to be finished with the program in due time.

Does anyone have any insight into my questions?

@Tech2med, congratulations! Are you enrolling summer or Fall?

Also, how is it possible,to complete the program within fall 2012 , spring 2013, summer 2013 when 90% of medical, schools start in July 2013?? Wouldn't we still be in class?
In regard to scheduling, you really need to know what kind of student you are. What issues you may have had in the past to prevent potential acceptance into a professional school as well as your MCAT/DAT & uGPA will help you determine this. If you like, you can PM and I will do my best to give you guidance on the best approach. Just give me a lot of background regarding stats, ect.

You can finish the program in one year and before July as there is a May semester (only 3 weeks in length).

As far as safe place to live... Probably the Reserve.

I just got my Acceptance today for FALL 2012! Any Aggies attending?

I wanted to ask ya'll a few things:
-What are some good apartments in MS?
-Could any past or current Miss. Grad students give us a review of classes/profs and what to expect?

Hi everyone,

I got my acceptance recently :D, but I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other schools. Hopefully, someone can answer my question so I can make a more informative decision.

Does anyone know of anyone who took this program with a low uGPA, and got into an allopathic medical school that was not a resident of Mississippi? (I only ask because it seems that most people with low uGPA's are advised to take two to three more years of school in order to become a more competitive applicant for allopathic medical schools. As this is a one year program, I'm a bit worried that it might not help.)

Any information would be great. Thank you!

I thought so to about the program, but if you go to the past threads, clearly people have said that the course load and the type of classes are ridiculously going to help for professional school. The courses are hard.

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of anyone who took this program with a low uGPA, and got into an allopathic medical school that was not a resident of Mississippi? (I only ask because it seems that most people with low uGPA's are advised to take two to three more years of school in order to become a more competitive applicant for allopathic medical schools. As this is a one year program, I'm a bit worried that it might not help.)

Any information would be great. Thank you!

Taking 2-3 years more of undergraduate coursework would be to increase your undergraduate GPA. This program is used differently. It is a GRADUATE program which is not calculated into your AMCAS/AACOMAS GPA. The GPA from a program like this is separate from what you are thinking about. A program like this is typically used to show that, while my undergraduate GPA does not show this, I am capable of performing at the medical school level.

I was told at LSU-Shreveport that if I don't get a 3.6 or better at the close of the fall semester, to not worrying about finishing because you haven't proven what you came to prove. FWIW, the dean at that same school named this program by name when he saw that I needed help in the GPA department. I also personally know someone who went through this program and was accepted to medical school the following year. I don't know his exact stats but I know that he did well in this program and had a low/mid-20s MCAT.

I just got my Acceptance today for FALL 2012! Any Aggies attending?

I wanted to ask ya'll a few things:
-What are some good apartments in MS?
-Could any past or current Miss. Grad students give us a review of classes/profs and what to expect?

Here is a list of all the apartments in Clinton. I think it is a little old but hopefully of help. From what I hear, a lot of people stay at the Reserve. I looked at it--it is very nice, gated too. But I think that Clinton is pretty safe overall. But it is over $900 for a 1br/1 ba. That's what I pay for my mortgage. Older but just as good for the same is around $600 closer to campus. I plan on staying closer to campus since I know I will be spending a lot of time there anyway.

http://www.mc.edu/academics/departments/biology/files/7713/2457/9075/MC_Apartment_Complexes.pdf

Have you joined the FB group yet? It is a lot of help. :)

Here is a list of all the apartments in Clinton. I think it is a little old but hopefully of help. From what I hear, a lot of people stay at the Reserve. I looked at it--it is very nice, gated too. But I think that Clinton is pretty safe overall. But it is over $900 for a 1br/1 ba. That's what I pay for my mortgage. Older but just as good for the same is around $600 closer to campus. I plan on staying closer to campus since I know I will be spending a lot of time there anyway.

http://www.mc.edu/academics/departments/biology/files/7713/2457/9075/MC_Apartment_Complexes.pdf

Have you joined the FB group yet? It is a lot of help. :)

I haven't joined FB yet, but I will :cool:! I was planning the same about apartments, I dont want to pay a whole lot, but I want to stay close to campus. This program seems as if we need no distractions so might as well find a quiet place. THANKS so much theSmurfette that helps alot!!!

I haven't joined FB yet, but I will :cool:! I was planning the same about apartments, I dont want to pay a whole lot, but I want to stay close to campus. This program seems as if we need no distractions so might as well find a quiet place. THANKS so much theSmurfette that helps alot!!!

Not a problem. Glad to know my incessant googling has come to at least some use. :D