missed two first two classes, including "amb" - still sign up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlittlej

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd been planning on taking an EMT-basic course later this year. Today I heard about a class that actually started last week and has already had two classes. The lady said she might let me sign up late, but that she was worried that I'd never catch up because they already covered "amb" and I wouldn't know how the body works.

I'm a fairly bright guy. College grad. Is this something I couldn't teach myself?

Members don't see this ad.

The fact that you are a college grad puts you ahead of about 75% of the class in terms of reading comprehension and perhaps even a few in terms of IQ. Two classes will not be that difficult to catch up on. It may also be a good way to meet some of your new classmates by asking them to review with you the material you missed.

When I taught EMS classes there were a maximum number of hours that students were allowed to miss before being dropped, you've already missed two. Just keep this in mind and enjoy the class...

Take the class. It's no big deal.

jlittlej said:
I'd been planning on taking an EMT-basic course later this year. Today I heard about a class that actually started last week and has already had two classes. The lady said she might let me sign up late, but that she was worried that I'd never catch up because they already covered "amb" and I wouldn't know how the body works.

I'm a fairly bright guy. College grad. Is this something I couldn't teach myself?

Um, something's telling me you misheard... mayhaps "a-m-b" = A and P, as in anatomy and physiology?

If that's all the woman was worried about, you'll be fine. Think about it... if they covered all the anatomy you'll need in two classes, can't be that hard, right? Teaching yourself that stuff should be cake. Good luck.