Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only change we can believe in.

lol, I just finished my absentee ballot. Will drop it off at the polls on Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad.

hi, does someone know if this school is rolling admissions?

Thanks

Best wishes to everyone
:luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, prepharmo8

if you don't mind can you post your STATS
Thanks

did anyone else get accepted? i can't help but keep checking my interact... twice already since this morning... and still nothing :(

there's a message saying that online access is down from Friday to Sunday for maintenance... Do you think this is due to updating our interactive status? i hope not... i don't want to wait that long :mad:

all this waiting is killing me :(

did anyone else get accepted? i can't help but keep checking my interact... twice already since this morning... and still nothing :(

there's a message saying that online access is down from Friday to Sunday for maintenance... Do you think this is due to updating our interactive status? i hope not... i don't want to wait that long :mad:

all this waiting is killing me :(

I keep checking it too. So only one person's Interact has changed so far? I saw the maintenance message too. I am getting pretty antsy.

Prepharm08, have you received anything in the mail yet, or just your interact changing?

Goodluck, everyone! :luck:

Hey, I just checked my mail. Nothing in the mail yet.

Nope, but the site changed for me again. There's new features now (addition tabs like student services and technology services, financial services)

Nope, but the site changed for me again. There's new features now (addition tabs like student services and technology services, financial services)
I am getting super anxious now...:scared:... Do you think they would post rejection on interact, too?

I am getting nervous too. I think if you do not receive anything this weekend, that means... you know. I have not received nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
At Glendale or Chicago?

I guess that means both Midwestern campuses should be notifying their first round of interviewees this week.

Good luck everyone :luck:

I guess that means both Midwestern campuses should be notifying their first round of interviewees this week.

Good luck everyone :luck:

Back at you to the Glendale folks!:luck:

Yes it is
prepharm, so you got the acceptance for glendale, right? i know you created this for glendale, but i just wanted to verify, since some interviewed at chicago and posted here, too. i remember you interviewed at chicago, too, before interviewing at glendale... so, if you got accepted to chicago campus, that would make me feel less nervous and more hope that glendale has not posted acceptances, yet... but then again, i have a few more days to see the outcome....hehehe...

Yea, the letter indicates that it's for glendale. I haven't heard anything from Chicago yet. I hope you guys get in!!!!:luck: I met some pretty cool people during the interview!!

Yea, the letter indicates that it's for glendale. I haven't heard anything from Chicago yet. I hope you guys get in!!!!:luck: I met some pretty cool people during the interview!!

Di you fill out an Interview Feedback on this forum?

same here... I had great bond with some people, so I hope we will get in, too. I think we deserve to get in, since we are anxiously waiting for the result.

For those who haven't seen any changes on your interact, yet, you should call the admission office. I just called and found out that I am an alternate. What this means is that the admission committee will review my file again next week or so until they make a decision whether to accept or decline. What a bummer!! I thought I did very well on the interview. My guess is that they look at all other areas and my pcat score was not that good. Or I might be wrong about my interview.

pcat 56 composite.
gpa 3.5
science gpa 3.4
lots of extra-curriculum
pharmacy experience
good lor

Good luck all!!

Prepharm, what's your stats if you don't mind sharing.

So if my Interact has not changed does that mean I am also an alternate? :confused:

yeah pretty much...if other applicants "interact now" account changed who interviewed around the same time as you and yours didn't change, then most likely you've either been rejected or put on the waitlist and will receive a letter in the mail in a week or two notifying you that. It happened to me last year at CCP and i was placed on the waitlist.

For those who haven't seen any changes on your interact, yet, you should call the admission office. I just called and found out that I am an alternate. What this means is that the admission committee will review my file again next week or so until they make a decision whether to accept or decline. What a bummer!! I thought I did very well on the interview. My guess is that they look at all other areas and my pcat score was not that good. Or I might be wrong about my interview.

pcat 56 composite.
gpa 3.5
science gpa 3.4
lots of extra-curriculum
pharmacy experience
good lor

Good luck all!!

Are you at CCP? or the other campus?

Are you at CCP? or the other campus?

I'm at CCP, but in terms for both campuses their interact now accounts work the same way in letting you know if you are accepted.

yeah pretty much...if other applicants "interact now" account changed who interviewed around the same time as you and yours didn't change, then most likely you've either been rejected or put on the waitlist and will receive a letter in the mail in a week or two notifying you that. It happened to me last year at CCP and i was placed on the waitlist.

:( Man. I really loved the campus and wanted to go so bad. I will call tomorrow to find out my status for sure. :(

RXGeneration, did they tell you what your chances are of being accepted? Is there a difference btwn alternate and wait list?

I'm at CCP, but in terms for both campuses their interact now accounts work the same way in letting you know if you are accepted.

PointBreak, how many times did you apply to CCP?

I think they are slightly different on the way of sending the decision. No body has heard from CCP yet. So, I think CCP has a different time frame. Also, I think CCP likes to send the letter first before changing the Interact.

:( Man. I really loved the campus and wanted to go so bad. I will call tomorrow to find out my status for sure. :(

RXGeneration, did they tell you what your chances are of being accepted? Is there a difference btwn alternate and wait list?
I am not sure what the chances are. I got very disappointed and lost my composure... did not ask.

The lady in admission office said that the admission committee will review my file again next week.

I am not exactly sure what the difference between alternate and wait list is. She said that they are different in the sense that my file will get reviewed again and again until they make a decision and that if someone decline their acceptance, I might get in. When you call tomorrow, can you ask that and let me know?

I liked the campus and the 3 year program there, too. So I was hoping that I would get in. I had a lot of hope actually, since the tour guide said everyone in his interview group (first group-2 years ago) got accepted.

Good luck!!

I am not sure what the chances are. I got very disappointed and lost my composure... did not ask.

The lady in admission office said that the admission committee will review my file again next week.

I am not exactly sure what the difference between alternate and wait list is. She said that they are different in the sense that my file will get reviewed again and again until they make a decision and that if someone decline their acceptance, I might get in. When you call tomorrow, can you ask that and let me know?

I liked the campus and the 3 year program there, too. So I was hoping that I would get in. I had a lot of hope actually, since the tour guide said everyone in his interview group (first group-2 years ago) got accepted.

Good luck!!

Thank you, I will let you know. I'm glad we are going through this stress together! It doesn't seem like there is much activity in this thread for Glendale!

I don't remember the tour guide saying that, but I think you and I interviewed the same day, Oct. 23rd. I'll ask the difference btwn alternate and wait list. If you get reviewed over and over again, it seems more like the Tier system at UOP.

Are you from California, RXGeneration? Did you interview 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

Thank you, I will let you know. I'm glad we are going through this stress together! It doesn't seem like there is much activity in this thread for Glendale!

I don't remember the tour guide saying that, but I think you and I interviewed the same day, Oct. 23rd. I'll ask the difference btwn alternate and wait list. If you get reviewed over and over again, it seems more like the Tier system at UOP.

Are you from California, RXGeneration? Did you interview 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?
Yes, Ca. I was in the 2nd group.

pcat 56 composite.
gpa 3.5
science gpa 3.4
lots of extra-curriculum
pharmacy experience
good lor

Good luck all!!

May I ask you a question, what made you think you stand out from the group? I am just curious because you said you did very well, but sometimes it is hard to predict what they really thought about interviewees.

I wonder who else got accepted out of the 27 candidates that interviewed on the 23rd?! I am sure a lot of them go to this forum, too...

May I ask you a question, what made you think you stand out from the group? I am just curious because you said you did very well, but sometimes it is hard to predict what they really thought about interviewees.
I answered all the questions well. My story was unique. I asked questions. I was smiling-friendly the whole time. what else? I don't know. I just felt good after the interview.
I think they probably look at everything else including the interview to make their decisions. Like I said, perhaps my pcat is not strong enough. But then again, why would they interview me if that's not good enough for them? I am confused!!:confused:
Or I was just having false opinion of my interview. Who knows?!! I hope they will reconsider me a seat to their program after reviewing my file.

I answered all the questions well. My story was unique. I asked questions. I was smiling-friendly the whole time. what else? I don't know. I just felt good after the interview.
I think they probably look at everything else including the interview to make their decisions. Like I said, perhaps my pcat is not strong enough. But then again, why would they interview me if that's not good enough for them? I am confused!!:confused:
Or I was just having false opinion of my interview. Who knows?!! I hope they will reconsider me a seat to their program after reviewing my file.

Can you answer these questions:

Did you look at the other while they were talking?
Did you turn around to see everyone while you were talking?
Were you the first person who answered the question? Or second? Or last?
How long did you answer 1 question?

I think these are important points that you are looking at each student.

I think it was the PCAT. The average of the accepted students is around 80. 56 is quite low. I think that after the interview, not everyone is equal, and the other components of the application are weighed. You probably did have a very good interview, but the PCAT being that low may be too much to overcome. I think you need to retake the PCAT with the goal of getting at least 70.

I wonder who else got accepted out of the 27 candidates that interviewed on the 23rd?! I am sure a lot of them go to this forum, too...

I know, it seems like me and you are the only ones waiting :) I interviewed second group too haha.

I will call tomorrow and let you know what they say about alt list vs waitlist :/ Super nervous...

actually ur interact changes first, then u get the letter in the mail. Im currently a PS1 at CCP right now.

I just got accepted into Midwestern-Glendale!!!!!

I just decided to check my Interact one last time and I saw my Matriculation Agreement appear when I clicked on it!

After stressing this whole week waiting and checking Interact all day, this feels so good!

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

I just got accepted into Midwestern-Glendale!!!!!

I just decided to check my Interact one last time and I saw my Matriculation Agreement appear when I clicked on it!

After stressing this whole week waiting and checking Interact all day, this feels so good!

Good luck to everyone! :luck:
YAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! You told me this is your number 1 school right?!?

RXGeneration, yeah! Its me! the one who went to the same high school as you!!!

my friend who interviewed october 23rd just got accepted to glendale. She said she hasn't got the letter yet but it's updated on her interact now account. So you guys should check.