Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
---

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted the supplemental yesterday, 09/17.

My Stats:
GPA: 3.69
PCAT #1: 60
PCAT #2: Taken 08/21/2010, waiting for scores...

Good luck to everyone else applying!

I live in cali but CPG is by far my #1 choice

Hi cation4200,
I live in cali also. Can I ask why this is your #1 choice?

I submitted the supplemental yesterday, 09/17.

My Stats:
PCAT #1: 60
PCAT #2: Taken 08/21/2010, waiting for scores...

Good luck to everyone else applying!

Hi cation4200,
I live in cali also. Can I ask why this is your #1 choice?
Well my top choices are MWU in AZ and UoP here in CA. MWU has cheaper tuition, and I have a few ties in AZ (my best friend lives in Tempe) while stockton would be completely foreign to me. I also visited the campus of each school, and MWU has a more close-knit feeling. It's a personal choice though. What's right for you may not be right for me. And depending on how the interviews go I may change my mind :)
Good luck to you, hope you get an interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my interview invite this morning! Probably gonna go for the October 22nd date -- works better with my school/work schedule. Sorta nervous though, never really had to do an interview anything like this before. but i'm sure it'll be all good.

What are the available dates looking like now (If you remember)?
I'm hoping my app will be re-evaluated when my Aug PCAT scores come in, if they're better.

I got my interview invite the same day that I received the one from the Shady Grove campus. I scheduled mine for October 22nd.

How is the weather in Glendale? Will it be unbearably hot if I wear long sleeves?

they received my pharmcas application yesterday and I just got the go ahead to complete the supplemental today, I hope to complete that today.

How is the weather in Glendale? Will it be unbearably hot if I wear long sleeves?

Oh yea...it's still pretty hot, especially if you're not from here! After living here for so long, I look forward to days of 105 in the summer. Don't pack any sweaters if you plan on visiting within the next month or even month and a half! Good luck to you! :)

Oh yea...it's still pretty hot, especially if you're not from here! After living here for so long, I look forward to days of 105 in the summer. Don't pack any sweaters if you plan on visiting within the next month or even month and a half! Good luck to you! :)

How is the weather at night? How is it during Winter?

How is the weather at night? How is it during Winter?

Well, I get up at 4:30 AM and it's pretty nice outside, around 80. Nights aren't too bad. This was a warm summer for us because the night lows were so high this year, but it's slowly starting to cool down.

Winters are beautiful, if you even want to call it winter. A hooded sweatshirt is all I've ever needed to get me through the winters here :thumbup:

If you do come to school here, your blood will thin rather quickly. I know this because even at temperatures of 70 or lower, I'm in a sweater. I grew up in Chicago where 50 degrees was warm for me. I see people wearing mittens and a scarf if it hits 50 here.:laugh:

Well, I get up at 4:30 AM and it's pretty nice outside, around 80. Nights aren't too bad. This was a warm summer for us because the night lows were so high this year, but it's slowly starting to cool down.

Winters are beautiful, if you even want to call it winter. A hooded sweatshirt is all I've ever needed to get me through the winters here :thumbup:

If you do come to school here, your blood will thin rather quickly. I know this because even at temperatures of 70 or lower, I'm in a sweater. I grew up in Chicago where 50 degrees was warm for me. I see people wearing mittens and a scarf if it hits 50 here.:laugh:

I agree with Miss ASU, with the exception of the winter. I, however, am a huge wuss when it comes to the cold weather. Therefore, I would tell you the winters are cold! It can get to the low 30's at night in the winter, which to me is too cold for comfort! Someone from the snowy weather is likely laughing at that, but oh well! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The winters are never cold enough for it to feel like winter. I like the cold so when we have a mild winter, it is very disappointing. It will be interesting for me to see the difference between Tucson and Phoenix this year. The summers in Phoenix are unbearable. I've burned myself with the seatbelt many times, my debit card has melted to my consol (don't leave anything in your car) and you will break a sweat walking from your door to your car. Electric bills average about 200-300 bucks a month for me in the summer (in contrast to about 50-60 in winter). The summer lasts far too long and there isn't enough rain. Your skin will dry out and if you don't put sunscreen, you'll look like a lobster by lunch if you spend time in the sun. Even the swimming pools are lukewarm in the middle of July. I know. I know. Some peeps on SDN get mad at me because I talk **** about the city I grew up in. But, here you have the truth from a native. Also, you will need a car to get around everywhere. All the really good places (ethnic restaurants and anything cultural) are not near glendale and the public transit is not up to par unless you live downtown or near ASU. Otherwise, all the strip malls look the same. It is very cookie cutter here. Traffic blows and the drivers are mean/nasty. You can't get a decent meal after 9pm during the week (unless you can stomach bar food or want to drive 30-45 minutes) To be honest, Phoenix has all of the inconveniences of a big city but not many of the advantages. So far, living in Tucson has been a much better experience. At least there are friendlier peeps and not everything looks the same.

Thanks for the perspective on the weather!

Actually just got an interview invite today! :D Can choose one of four dates between Oct 1st-22nd.

Thanks for the perspective on the weather!

Actually just got an interview invite today! :D Can choose one of four dates between Oct 1st-22nd.

good!what are ur stats if u don't mind me asking, i'm in the process of completing my supp. essay

Last edited:
good!what are ur stats if u don't mind me asking, i'm in the process of completing my supp. essay

sure,

PCAT1: 60
PCAT2: 95 (finished 08/21/2010, not sure if they got this score yet)
sGPA: 3.47
1year retail pharmacy experience

good luck!:)

I'm waiting for my application to be mailed out by pharmcas.

Can someone post the essay questions as they appear in the application including word or character limit so that I can get a head start?

Interviewing on Monday the 4th...nothing like some short notice!!!!! Good luck to everyone this Friday!!!!!
Congrats mandy! do they have your august pcat yet? cos I checked their website but mine was'nt updated yet

Congrats mandy! do they have your august pcat yet? cos I checked their website but mine was'nt updated yet

No, because PharmCAS hasn't done their mailing yet. They won't do it until Monday. But, I called Midwestern yesterday to ask if my application would be reviewed again after my new scores, and they said yes and asked me what my new scores were. So I told them, and the gentleman I spoke with essentially took my account off hold (under the assumption that I was telling the truth) and gave me the ability to schedule an interview from my account :thumbup:

If your application was put on hold like mine was, and you think it was because of your PCAT scores, it is very likely that you will receive the interview invite as soon as they get the scores :)

No, because PharmCAS hasn't done their mailing yet. They won't do it until Monday. But, I called Midwestern yesterday to ask if my application would be reviewed again after my new scores, and they said yes and asked me what my new scores were. So I told them, and the gentleman I spoke with essentially took my account off hold (under the assumption that I was telling the truth) and gave me the ability to schedule an interview from my account :thumbup:

If your application was put on hold like mine was, and you think it was because of your PCAT scores, it is very likely that you will receive the interview invite as soon as they get the scores :)

can i get a general gist of what your pcats scores are around?? like 70s, 80s or 90s?

can i get a general gist of what your pcats scores are around?? like 70s, 80s or 90s?

Sure! My first composite was 43, and the August composite was 71. I would have liked to do a little better, but I am satisfied with this new score. It kinda (ok, REALLY) erks me to see all the posts from everyone in the PCAT forum cry about their 90+ composite scores.
So, I'm here to tell everyone a 71 is sufficient (at least for Midwestern)! In fact, as Dave mentioned above, his first score was a 60, and he received an interview. His new PCAT was outstanding, but Midwestern hadn't even seen that new score when they offered him an interview.
So apparently, a 60 is sufficient, at least to get an interview!

Oh, and if anyone else is wondering, as of yesterday the available dates in October were Monday the 4th, Thursday the 21st, and Friday the 22nd.

Hehe good luck guys!!!! My colleague said they are stoked to have you guys over there! You first round of interviewees get to set the bar :smuggrin:

:luck::luck::luck:

Hey guys! I'm also interviewing on Oct 1st! It's my first interview ever, so I'm really excited. :D

Wow I hope you meant a different date considering today is the 1st and you posted after the interview started!

Oh haha, I mean on Monday. Mandatory overtime at work... makes me into a zombie sometimes. Hopefully I'll be alright that day though. ^^ And I'm excited to meet you all there!

Oh haha, I mean on Monday. Mandatory overtime at work... makes me into a zombie sometimes. Hopefully I'll be alright that day though. ^^ And I'm excited to meet you all there!

So far I've only seen one other person in addition to myself on this forum that will be there Monday...hope to meet you! I'm suprised no one has come on here to talk about how it went yesterday!

I'm suprised no one has come on here to talk about how it went yesterday!

You are?!

I am not. You are thier direct competition. Why would they willingly give you an advantage?? I am guessing first round of acceptances will be made between the interviews on 4th and the 21st. Which means, for now at least, the competition is greatest between the interveiwees on the 1st and the 4th. If they tell you what happened, it lessens the chance that they will be accepted and increases yours.

It is self preservation. I am sure once acceptance/rejection decisions have been made, people will come forth with information.

You are?!

I am not. You are thier direct competition. Why would they willingly give you an advantage?? I am guessing first round of acceptances will be made between the interviews on 4th and the 21st. Which means, for now at least, the competition is greatest between the interveiwees on the 1st and the 4th. If they tell you what happened, it lessens the chance that they will be accepted and increases yours.

It is self preservation. I am sure once acceptance/rejection decisions have been made, people will come forth with information.

Umm, I'm obviously not expecting them to come on here and tell everyone step by step what
happened or what they were asked, only to discuss
their experience - good, bad or neither. If you read
previous year's threads, you will see this is rather
normal. Then again, judging by the fact that you just joined SDN yesterday or today, you probably wouldn't know that.

The interview was ok and not too stressful. Its a group interview of 3 students with 2 faculties and 1 current student. I heard that some of the other groups had tougher questions. It really depends on who interviews you. There are long waiting periods, so get to know the people around you. Good Luck!

GOOD LUCK to tomorrow's interviewees!!!!!!!! Let us know how it went!!:)
interview was ok! it was super long like everyone says. they have 3 groups of interviews so there is a lot of waiting time. but i looooove the campus and the new clinic/labs! they'll give you a tour after lunch - you'll know what i'm talking about!

during the welcome presentation by the dean, the stats said they give out high 300 interviews and accept low 300 applicants! and 50% of those students actually attend the school. so if you have an interview, seems like the chances are pretty high that you will get accepted.

most people i talked to had questions similar to the feedback on sdn. my interviewers responded to our answers while others said theirs just wrote things down and went to the next person. hmmm, do you have any more specific questions? haha.

good luck!!

interview was ok! it was super long like everyone says. they have 3 groups of interviews so there is a lot of waiting time. but i looooove the campus and the new clinic/labs! they'll give you a tour after lunch - you'll know what i'm talking about!

during the welcome presentation by the dean, the stats said they give out high 300 interviews and accept low 300 applicants! and 50% of those students actually attend the school. so if you have an interview, seems like the chances are pretty high that you will get accepted.

most people i talked to had questions similar to the feedback on sdn. my interviewers responded to our answers while others said theirs just wrote things down and went to the next person. hmmm, do you have any more specific questions? haha.

good luck!!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you two thought it went well. Did they say when they will be meeting to make decisions?? I'm super nervous for Monday but so excited at the same time!! Will either of you accept a seat if offered?

Sorry not to let you guys know earlier! I'm personally still in AZ and pretty busy. The interview really came down to which group of interviewers you got. Two of the panels were super straightforward and people felt really good about it. The other was really hardcore and asked some really tough questions. It's hard to say what information they will use when making their decisions, and the only time frame we were given was 2-6 weeks. Good luck to all of you!

Sorry not to let you guys know earlier! I'm personally still in AZ and pretty busy. The interview really came down to which group of interviewers you got. Two of the panels were super straightforward and people felt really good about it. The other was really hardcore and asked some really tough questions. It's hard to say what information they will use when making their decisions, and the only time frame we were given was 2-6 weeks. Good luck to all of you!

Was there an essay? And did they go off your resume or was it completely closed file?
2-6 weeks?? Yikes, I hope it doesn't take that long! :xf:

Was there an essay? And did they go off your resume or was it completely closed file?
2-6 weeks?? Yikes, I hope it doesn't take that long! :xf:

no essay! they said they had access to some of our info but they did not ask me anything about my resume or application. i think they also said they were going to complete the first round of interviews before deciding on admissions.

also, i think i would submit a $1000 deposit if i was accepted as i am still undecided where i want to go! haha

no essay! they said they had access to some of our info but they did not ask me anything about my resume or application. i think they also said they were going to complete the first round of interviews before deciding on admissions.

also, i think i would submit a $1000 deposit if i was accepted as i am still undecided where i want to go! haha

Thanks Daisy...I hope nothing but the best for you, and I hope that I will be able to pay that $1000 right along with you! Did you receive an invite for UoP?

Yeah, I was surprised there was no essay. I was waiting around for it. The day was longer than it needed to be, but it was a very relaxed setting, so it wasn't too bad. As for the interview, I was asked pretty straight forward questions...

And now, the wait... :eek:

Well, it has come and gone...all we can do now is wait...they said 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it is more like last year and less than one week!
As others said, no essay, which was great!
For future interviewees: The SDN feedback forum was a great resource for interview prep - use it!

It was nice to meet you Nina, and I hope we can share some good news in the upcoming weeks :)

Well, it has come and gone...all we can do now is wait...they said 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it is more like last year and less than one week!
As others said, no essay, which was great!
For future interviewees: The SDN feedback forum was a great resource for interview prep - use it!

It was nice to meet you Nina, and I hope we can share some good news in the upcoming weeks :)

It was great meeting you too! Definitely wanna hear good news. Just 2 to 6 more weeks. -_____-

Hi, I'm also applying to Midwestern AZ this year. If you don't mind me asking everyone who got an interview: what is your gpa stats?