Midwestern College of Pharmacy Glendale Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brepharmd96

Reaction score
Hello all! I haven't seen a post for this class yet, so I decided to post one. Has anyone had any interviews or scheduled them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying for next year? If so, do you mind sharing your stats? I know Midwestern Glendale accepts almost everyone who apply and have completed the program requirements. The interview is simple. There will be three people who will interview you; a teacher, a student, and someone from the pharmacy program advisor. The interview will last for 10-15 minutes. Also, before the interview, you have to answer on of the essay questions.

Yes, i've applied and my interview is set for this friday on the 14th. I don't have a bachelors degree, just an associate of science. I was about 40th percentile on composite for PCAT and GPA sits at about 3.0. Hoping my interview goes extremely well and I hear back shortly after, with some good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, i've applied and my interview is set for this friday on the 14th. I don't have a bachelors degree, just an associate of science. I was about 40th percentile on composite for PCAT and GPA sits at about 3.0. Hoping my interview goes extremely well and I hear back shortly after, with some good news!

Do you have pharmacy or health experience? You should be fine with those stats. Good Luck!!!

Yes, i've been a pharmacy technician for 2 years now and also worked in other fields of healthcare.

No worries I know a lot of students who placed on waitlist and got in :)

Reactions: 1 user
Some students will be on the alternate list until the week of classes then they will get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard anything back yet and my interview was the 14th, starting to get worried.

If you haven't heard back yet, call or email the school and ask about your status. Show them that you really want to go to their school.

If your responding to this specific thread:

your on it. “Pharmacy School Specific - Discussion” tab once you enter Pre-pharmacy domain....
Gotcha! Sorry about that.

I got accepted back in September. I applied for early admission. Hope to see some of you this summer. Good luck!!

I got accepted back in September. I applied for early admission. Hope to see some of you this summer. Good luck!!
Congratulation!!! How does early admission work? Can you apply to more than one school for early admission or it should be only one school first?

Early Admission allows you to apply to only one school, if you have all of your pre-reqs done and all your paperwork by the specified day (I believe it was by Sept 4th, 2018 for this cycle).

By choosing to apply that way, you are saying "If you accept me, I will absolutely be coming to your school and will not go anywhere else."

If you get in, great! You did it! And you're in before the general applications are reviewed. If you don't get in Early Decision, you are then released into the general pool, and you may apply wherever you wish.

Is that the school GPA or Pharmcas?

I was accepted today! ( or at least I just noticed)

I’ve already committed to another program, So still debating everything...

Does anyone have any tips for the interview and how it went? I am interviewing in March!

Does anyone have any tips for the interview and how it went? I am interviewing in March!

The interview is straight forward for Midwestern University. Three people will interview you and it should take around 15 minutes. Your answers should not be very short because they will ask you more questions if your response is short. Just stay relax and be confident. Good Luck!!!

it was very smooth and laid back. don't sweat it you'll be fine. I thought I boomed my interview but still got accepted, so just be yourself and you'll be fine...

Good luck.

Thank you!
Do you think just reviewing the questions people have submitted on SDN will prepare me enough for the interview?

Be prepared to explain why you chose Pharmacy and why you choose Midwestern. I would also be prepared to explain what makes you a good pharmD candidate.

Hi everyone! just an fyi! I applied at midnight on the 27th of Feb. and heard back the next day with an interview. My interview date was the 8th of March. While leaving campus and going home, applicants that JUST interviewed were receiving calls saying they got in right away. as for myself, i had not heard anything until 2 days later stating "We are taking a look into your application, etc" so i wasn't put on the waiting list nor was i denied yet. but what confuses me, is that they pushed back the deadline 2 months and also during my interview day, they asked 2 students who applied for their VET program that were rejected to come in for a pharmacy interview. Very confusing to me and they both received phone calls right away. But anyway best of luck to them and to everyone else! interview process was laid-back but too laid back where it was intimidating.

Hi everyone! just an fyi! I applied at midnight on the 27th of Feb. and heard back the next day with an interview. My interview date was the 8th of March. While leaving campus and going home, applicants that JUST interviewed were receiving calls saying they got in right away. as for myself, i had not heard anything until 2 days later stating "We are taking a look into your application, etc" so i wasn't put on the waiting list nor was i denied yet. but what confuses me, is that they pushed back the deadline 2 months and also during my interview day, they asked 2 students who applied for their VET program that were rejected to come in for a pharmacy interview. Very confusing to me and they both received phone calls right away. But anyway best of luck to them and to everyone else! interview process was laid-back but too laid back where it was intimidating.

.....That’s not necessarily good to hear with a two month extension and bringing in non-pharmacy students from “down the hall.”

Think hard on why this happened and how your debt to income ratio will look. Good luck

Hii, can any current students please share the Pharmacy curriculum for Midwestern here?

Just graduated so I can tell you what the cirriculum is like. First year has much more content and is all about sciences such as physio biochem and micro along with pharmaceutical calculations and pharmacokinetics. 2nd year is all about different disease stares and the pharmacotherapy to treat those disease states. About 1/5th of the class below me first year got put on extended track or failed out immediately because midwestern accepts bottom of the barrel students now since nobody wants to to there anymore. Also you should know they are up for re accreditation in 2021 and could very easily not get it with how things have been going.

Why do you think they will not get re-accredited? Also they are a pretty big Pharmacy school U of A Phoenix takes only about 40 students and the Tucson campus only takes about 100 students also 1/5 of 151 is still about 121 students that did graduate on time and the extended track is only an extra half a year so a few more did graduate in 3.5 years.

Why do you think they will not get re-accredited? Also they are a pretty big Pharmacy school U of A Phoenix takes only about 40 students and the Tucson campus only takes about 100 students also 1/5 of 151 is still about 121 students that did graduate on time and the extended track is only an extra half a year so a few more did graduate in 3.5 years.
Yes but that was my class and its getting worse. As far as I know chicago campus is on the verge of shutting down and won’t be accepting students after next year and I do not have a reference for this. Hope all goes well but consider a different school trust me!

Yes but that was my class and its getting worse. As far as I know chicago campus is on the verge of shutting down and won’t be accepting students after next year and I do not have a reference for this. Hope all goes well but consider a different school trust me!
Thank you for your post. I am also interested in anybody sharing more about the school since I was granted admission into the Chicago College of Pharmacy at Midwestern University. I am currently in the midst of deciding whether I will be attending. I would very much love to be a pharmacist, however, I am hearing some bad things about the school. Has anyone else heard bad things about the school? Is it true that the school's accreditation has been discontinued (Midwestern University – Chicago College of Pharmacy – Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (acpe-accredit.org)? If the school is unaccredited when I graduate, does that mean I will not be able to sit for board examinations and therefore will not be able to practice as a pharmacist even if I graduate? Is it true that they are merging the two pharmacy campuses into one and the Chicago students will be taking their courses online? Lastly, does anyone know roughly what percentage of upcoming graduates have secured jobs (I believe that for the class of 2019, 70% of Chicago graduates were able to secure employment: Curriculum & Student Life | Doctor of Pharmacy - Midwestern University)?

Any input from anyone (especially current students) on the above questions would be greatly appreciated!!!!