Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here, then i checked my interact when i got home around 10 pm andddd the glendale campus also sent me over an interview! :D

Members don't see this ad.

can any of you guys that had your interviews already recommend a good hotel to stay at?

can any of you guys that had your interviews already recommend a good hotel to stay at?

Hampton Inn--It was the cheapest option listed on that sheet at $69+tax. They also offer a shuttle to campus in the morning on the interview day. It's located across Yorktown Mall, which is convenient if you want to get food for dinner. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hampton Inn--It was the cheapest option listed on that sheet at $69+tax. They also offer a shuttle to campus in the morning on the interview day. It's located across Yorktown Mall, which is convenient if you want to get food for dinner. :D

was it a nice place?..pretty clean?

was it a nice place?..pretty clean?

Yes, the place is very decent for the price. Don't worry, no cockroaches or anything like it. I think all the other hotels (i.e. Comfort Inn) are compatible to Hampton, but at higher prices. I called all the hotels on the list that offers shuttle to compare the prices and discounts that they have for the students.

another nov 12 interview here! i'm so excited! can't wait to see all of you there :D

Yes, the place is very decent for the price. Don't worry, no cockroaches or anything like it. I think all the other hotels (i.e. Comfort Inn) are compatible to Hampton, but at higher prices. I called all the hotels on the list that offers shuttle to compare the prices and discounts that they have for the students.

thanks cinnamoroll12~!!

Congrats to those who had just received the invites!! I wonder if it's going to start snowing around that time...

Today marks the end of 3 weeks for the Oct 1st group. Let us know your status as soon as you guys know and how you found out (interact account or snail mail). Good luck! :luck:

Wow it is the 3 week mark. Didn't they say it could take up to 5 weeks until we hear back though? I'm starting to grow impatient, because Midwestern is my first choice! Is it anybody else's first choice?

Wow it is the 3 week mark. Didn't they say it could take up to 5 weeks until we hear back though? I'm starting to grow impatient, because Midwestern is my first choice! Is it anybody else's first choice?

I was in the Oct 15th group and they said we should know in about 3 weeks and no later than the 2nd week in November.

I'm now wondering if they will be reviewing the 1st and 2nd interview groups together since they do not have another interview group until Nov 12. It would make sense timing wise from what you have said and from what we were told.

I haven't really ranked my schools, but if I had to rank the schools to which I have interviews, then Midwestern is my #1 choice. The only ranking I have in mind is accreditation status. I'm willing to go anywhere. It doesn't matter how you rank them, its how they rank you. I'll rank them once they rank me. LOL

Just a guess....but I think the Oct 1 and Oct 15 people should know by the end of the first week of November.

I have friends who interviewed in the second group (of past years of course) and they found out within 2 weeks.

With the next interview date being Nov 12, it looks like they are giving themselves the next 2 weeks to do some thinking... :luck:

Just a guess....but I think the Oct 1 and Oct 15 people should know by the end of the first week of November.

I have friends who interviewed in the second group (of past years of course) and they found out within 2 weeks.

With the next interview date being Nov 12, it looks like they are giving themselves the next 2 weeks to do some thinking... :luck:

It would be nice if we would know within 2 weeks just as those in the past have.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the Oct 15th group and they said we should know in about 3 weeks and no later than the 2nd week in November.

I'm now wondering if they will be reviewing the 1st and 2nd interview groups together since they do not have another interview group until Nov 12. It would make sense timing wise from what you have said and from what we were told.

I haven't really ranked my schools, but if I had to rank the schools to which I have interviews, then Midwestern is my #1 choice. The only ranking I have in mind is accreditation status. I'm willing to go anywhere. It doesn't matter how you rank them, its how they rank you. I'll rank them once they rank me. LOL

Haha, this is also my case! I'll rank the schools once I receive acceptances...that is if I have multiple acceptances. :laugh:

It would be nice if we would know within 2 weeks just as those in the past have.

Well, a week has passed already. So, I guess at least another week of waiting to go?

I wonder if there is any chance we'll find out our application status early via the interact site. That would be nice =)

I wonder if there is any chance we'll find out our application status early via the interact site. That would be nice =)

I believe I read on one of last years threads they were able to do so. Agreed, that would be nice.

Why do I find myself checking my email like 10 times a day? Yikes.

Yea, I stalk my email every half an hour since I am always on my laptop working on my stuff for my online class. Now I'm starting to log on to the Interactive site under "Post-Accepted" more often.

Yea, I stalk my email every half an hour since I am always on my laptop working on my stuff for my online class. Now I'm starting to log on to the Interactive site under "Post-Accepted" more often.

Me too. Crazy isn't it? This is worse than waiting on the PCAT results. :help: Its an addiction!! :laugh: :lol:

So interview gives you like 50% of getting accepted? Is that about right if they invite 500 and accept 250? I know it's an obvious question, but I just find it weird that only 50 people would turn down an acceptance since 200 are enrolled. So are these figures not accounting people who turn down interviews/acceptance then? I'm thinking there are at least a good percentage that got interview that will decide to go to a school near their home and applied to more than 7 schools, but maybe that's just SDN people which accounts for less. I'm thinking those 50 people are the ones that deposited to hold seat, but went somewhere else.

Anyway if Midwestern is reading this, I'm not saying people won't like the school... I just hope a larger percentage are actually accepted from interviews :)

I think they say around 300 gets accepted? But around 200 chooses to go there? I forgot where I heard that, but that's what I always thought. So we have about a 60% chance. I wonder if that chance is actually higher for people who already interviewed, since I know that applying early does play a role.

I have a question about the interview...

So they interview in groups of 5.

When they ask a question, does EVEYRONE answer all the questions???

i looked at the interview feedback page...this wasnt addressed.

thanks in advance!

thanks in advance!

In my group there were two interviewers and they asked questions that everyone in the group had to answer. At first we just answered the questions by going in order around the table. But later the interviewers encouraged us to answer the questions in no particular order.

I think the first question everyone had to answer. Afterwards, one of the interviewers just selected specific questions for specific people to answer. Thats how it went in my group, but I hear it could go differently in other groups. All in all, just be confident. Good luck :)

There were 6 groups of 6 during my mandatory candidate visit.

thanks in advance!

In my group, everyone answered every question. But from the feedback pages, I did notice one that said they would pick applicants at random and ask random questions. Someone else is reporting the same experience as well from this year, but my group did answer every question. Be prepared for either situation.

From my understanding the adcoms meet at the end of the month to talk about the oct.1 and 15th interview. so we should hear back from them 1st week of november. did anyone else hear something different?

From my understanding the adcoms meet at the end of the month to talk about the oct.1 and 15th interview. so we should hear back from them 1st week of november. did anyone else hear something different?

I think that sounds just about right. I only remembered them saying that we should hear from them about their decision in 2 weeks from the Oct. 15 interview date. So, I'm guessing the very earliest is at the end of next week, if not we should definitely hear from them the week after. I know, I'm already getting impatient and it's been only over a week!

Does anybody also have an interview on the 12th? Would you like to split a hotel room? PM ME!

for those of you interviewing and taking a taxi to the school: American Taxi driver charged me $38 + tip going to the school and a different one charged me $35 + tip coming back to O'hare.

for those of you interviewing and taking a taxi to the school: American Taxi driver charged me $38 + tip going to the school and a different one charged me $35 + tip coming back to O'hare.

That's definitely cheaper then rent-a-car. Thanks for the info :)

This could be the week we hear something. My fingers are crossed!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

It's the 4th week mark! Time to get nervous! :eek:

What do you guys think about...

The two interview groups had 2 weeks inbetween. Two weeks ago today was the last interview session and two weeks from today is the next group's turn.

Do you think the admission committee is meeting today? I certainly hope so.

What do you guys think about...

The two interview groups had 2 weeks inbetween. Two weeks ago today was the last interview session and two weeks from today is the next group's turn.

Do you think the admission committee is meeting today? I certainly hope so.

I'm predicting that the admission committee will finalize their decisions by this week. The time it takes for the mail to be sent to our mailboxes may take some time...I've been checking my interact at least once a day, but I haven't received any good news yet. Ahh, the waiting is killing me!!!

Just called them in the morning. They said it will be not this week. Next 2 weeks, you will hear something.

haha...ouch.

I definitely appreciate you calling them and letting us know...I'm glad I get to put it off my mind for this week....

Just called them in the morning. They said it will be not this week. Next 2 weeks, you will hear something.

Oh noOoOoO!!!!! In that case, probably they're going to finalize their decisions next week and by the time the letters arrive, it'll be the week after.

Why can't they finalize their decisions and let us know in the same day? They got my hopes up... I've been checking my email all day :/

Why can't they finalize their decisions and let us know in the same day? They got my hopes up... I've been checking my email all day :/

Oh, they said they're not going to email us their decisions, so there is no point in stalking your email unless if you're stalking for other schools. However, I think it's better to stalk our Interact or mailmen! :laugh:

This might be a dumb question, but where do we find the link to access Interact? I know it was sent to us once, but I lost that email. Is there any way to find it on their website?