Mid-Levels Leading Fight Against OUD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

"Nonetheless, NPs and PAs possess unique characteristics that logically make them interested in treating patients with OUD, according to Ms. D’Arcy. “PAs and NPs tend to form relationships with their patients,” she said. “They engage in more education, in-depth assessments and discussions with them. They also listen to their patients.”

Members don't see this ad.

this publication has become more and more pro-midlevel/anti-physician over the past 2 years

it's unreal how many punches we're taking these days

Reactions: 3 users
I even wrote them about one of their ridiculous articles promoting pay parity for mid levels. "Equal pay for equal work". I never heard back

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Usually I’m a staunch supporter of scope of practice limitations, but in this case, let the midlevels have all the OUD patients they want. It’s not like they can do a poorer job than many of the cash-only PCP “addictionologists“ or out-of-network psychiatrists with 6-month wait lists who populate my area.

Last edited:
Usually I’m a staunch supporter of scope of practice limitations, but in this case, let the midlevels can have all the OUD patients they want. It’s not like they can do a worse job than many of the cash-only PCP “addictionologists“ or out-of-network psychiatrists with 6-month wait lists who populate my area.

It might be good mid-level work.

Reactions: 1 user