Microbiology on the OAT?

theavrock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone -
I am in college right now and trying to line up all the classes I need to take to get myself prepped for the OAT and am not sure if I can take my microbiology class before I would like to take the OAT. My question is how much of it is actually on the exam? Does the bio section encompass more of the systems and A&P side of it or are there quite a few questions concerning microbiolgy? I have taken a year of general bio which did have some microbiology but I am just curious if there is a strong emphasis on the micro aspect on the exam. Thanks much! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam over a year ago and not sure how good my memory is, however I didnt take micro before the exam and did well on the bio section. As I recall most of the stuff that was considered micro was stuff covered in a decent core bio class. Some classification stuff.
More seemed to be related to A & P then micro as far as I remember on my version. I dont remember any detailed stuff on diff bacteria, viruses fungi, etc. Mainly general stuff from core bio.
-Good luck

yeah I also took the OAT about a year ago and I don't remember any specific Microbiology questions being on there. I haven't taken any anatomy or physiology up until that that point and still managed a decent score on the Biology section of the OAT. Although I did feel that the Bio section was pretty random at times. You'll do fine as long as you took your core science classes.