Michigan Pediatrician Refuses to Treat Lesbian Couple's Baby

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I read what you wrote. I am still awaiting the location in the AMA's "code of ethics" where this physician deviated from in not ending the relationship properly.
If you cannot produce that, then can you please kindly stop making stuff up to prove your point about how this physician deviated from practice guidelines. You are totally allowed to simply express your indignation at this physicians actions and beliefs like everyone else without resorting to "ethics violations" arguments. You'd actually be in agreement with pretty much everyone here

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I read what you wrote. I am still awaiting the location in the AMA's "code of ethics" where this physician deviated from in not ending the relationship properly.
If you cannot produce that, then can you please kindly stop making stuff up to prove your point about how this physician deviated from practice guidelines. You are more than perfectly able to simply express your indignation at this physicians actions and beliefs like everyone else without resorting to "ethics violations" arguments.
Then u read but didn't understand. She formed a clear provider relationship - whether u start by her acceptance after parent interview or the official prenatal visit. Then on the 2nd visit, on the day of no less, they find they've been dropped by her from another physician who says she'll take over, with Dr. Roi nowhere to be found on site. Don't know when the "prayer" happened between prenatal to the morning of 6 day visit. Letter from her came a few weeks or I think several months later after they had already switched to a new practice.

Use Google it is your friend. There are many resources that detail the way not to get in trouble.

Once again, are you able to show me where in the AMA code of ethics the provider deviated from, or are you just making stuff up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly who cares what the AMA has to say, but I actually looked and one could argue she did.

Opinion 9.12 in their code of ethics states: "However, physicians who offer their services to the public may not decline to accept patients because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis that would constitute invidious discrimination. Furthermore, physicians who are obligated under pre-existing contractual arrangements may not decline to accept patients as provided by those arrangements. (I, III, V, VI)"

Now it might get a little dicey because I believe they are talking about abortion/contraception here but, opinion 10.05 on potential patients states, "...it may be ethically permissible for physicians to decline a potential patient when: (c) A specific treatment sought by an individual is incompatible with the physician’s personal, religious, or moral beliefs."

Specific treatment I don't believe would apply in this case, but then again like I said who cares about the AMA.

I agree who cares what they think but thank you for actually finding something factual

Honestly who cares what the AMA has to say, but I actually looked and one could argue she did.

Opinion 9.12 in their code of ethics states: "However, physicians who offer their services to the public may not decline to accept patients because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis that would constitute invidious discrimination. Furthermore, physicians who are obligated under pre-existing contractual arrangements may not decline to accept patients as provided by those arrangements. (I, III, V, VI)"

Now it might get a little dicey because I believe they are talking about abortion/contraception here but, opinion 10.05 on potential patients states, "...it may be ethically permissible for physicians to decline a potential patient when: (c) A specific treatment sought by an individual is incompatible with the physician’s personal, religious, or moral beliefs."

Specific treatment I don't believe would apply in this case, but then again like I said who cares about the AMA.

I agree who cares what they think but thank you for actually finding something factual

No problem. I willing to do almost anything to not study for block finals yesterday.