MHS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funk

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear that participating in a Masters of Health Sciences program can help you get accepted to an Osteopathic college. Are the rumors true?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think so. Although it can't hurt you. In my experience, medical schools both allopathic and osteopathic would rather see some hard science courses post-bacc, assuming that your grades are border line. Often times the course work in masters programs is too easy and therfore does not show your ability to handle the huge amount of difficult science courses you will be required to pass in medical school. Also, they like to see a lot of credits, say 12 to 15 credits or so at a time.

Hope this helps.

A very bold question.

While Jer-whatever is right a I think you're talking more about an Masters of Biological Sciences program (at least that's what its called at Nova). This program involves taking the first year of med. school as a master's aka - 20-28 credit hours of hard ass science curriculm.

Both DO and MD programs have this and if you require info. at med. college of ohio a certain poster named Sally I believe could give you some info. - he's a strange bird with some odd personal hygene activities.

Anyway your best bet is to post your question on the osteo. forum and research the MBS (or equivalent program) at the schools your interested in. Then post your question like: "MBS programs at CCOM, NOVA, & PCOM or something like that, specificity will get you the answers rather than a generalized question. Also, call the school DIRECTLY and ask ?s set up a conversation with a admissions counselor. Ask about the MBS programs and have alittle knowledge from the schools website.

Better listen to him flounder he's premed.

Nooch