This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jas2188

Reaction score
Hi,
Can some one that has access share MGMA 2018 data here. Also, I will be out of residency this June 2019 and will be negotiating my contract in the next few weeks. What percentage (25%, 50%, 75% or Mean) of MGMA reported salary for my specialty should I target during negotiations. Recruiters have been reluctant to share this data and are pulling the fresh graduate card on me for offering very low salaries. Being a resident I don't have access to this data as one has to be able to participate in the survey to receive a free copy. If someone care share this data for transparency it would be great and well appreciated.
Thanks
Jas

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Can some one that has access share MGMA 2018 data here. Also, I will be out of residency this June 2019 and will be negotiating my contract in the next few weeks. What percentage (25%, 50%, 75% or Mean) of MGMA reported salary for my specialty should I target during negotiations. Recruiters have been reluctant to share this data and are pulling the fresh graduate card on me for offering very low salaries. Being a resident I don't have access to this data as one has to be able to participate in the survey to receive a free copy. If someone care share this data for transparency it would be great and well appreciated.
Thanks
Jas
Subspecialty?
Region?
Practice type?
Compensation type (guarantee-->production; Salary+production bonus; Eat what you kill)?

Also, the free copy you get is basically going to be the data for your current gig and the other folks in your region. Not useless, but not the most helpful thing out there.

Speaking from someone who just went through this whole process.... good luck.

I'll echo what was asked above, a lot of this depends on your specialty, region, and if the market is saturated or if there's a big demand for you specialty in that particular area. In general the more they need you the more leverage you have. Also.... don't be afraid to ask. The worse they can do is say no. Obviously this works if you're willing to look around and have other options. Speak to others in the group as they can give you an idea of what sorts of deals others received.

Furthermore, remember base compensation is only one part of this. Arguably just as or even more important are aspects such as non-compete (restrictive covenant), type of compensation (base, RVU-production, % of collections, etc..), vacation and so on.

At one place I was looking at I knew what the other established guys in the group recently received and I initially got the "new grad" contract offer though since I was in a specialty they really needed and I pushed back they would have given in on pretty much all aspects of the contract.